X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Suburban Propane - Tigard Oregon

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Brightwood Oregon
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Suburban Propane 10075 SW Cascade Avenue Tigard, Oregon U.S.A.

Suburban Propane Shanea Hardcastle Customer Relations Specialist Buyer Beware before doing business with Suburban Propane Tigard Oregon

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

We have been loyal customers of Suburban Propane for at least 10 years. We pay our bills on time and in full every month. Over those years we have paid them thousands of dollars not only for fuel and tank rental, but for their contractor services to install a new high efficiency furnace, water heater, and other equipment. We have locked into their yearly "secured plan" annually in order to contain our costs as much as possible. This requires signing a contract and remitting a substantial down payment, and then paying monthly for their fuel. This year the rate is $4.239 a gallon, and the plan had to be signed and returned before the fuel rates dropped in the fall.

I called Suburban Propane today (2/2/09) to ask for some relief in the rate we pay. Other fuel companies are charging our neighbors around $2.00 less per gallon than we are paying and I feel the rate Suburban has been charging is exorbitant. I didn't get past the receptionist who answered the phone, and after listening to my concerns she said she would talk to the manager and call me back. When she called me back she told me the manager said their "hands were tied" because we signed a contract and they would not offer us any relief with their rates. Furthermore, we must honor the contract which does not expire until June. The "manager" could not speak to me personally and had the phone receptionist deliver the news.

I can only conclude that the responsible customers of Suburban Propane are not valued by them, even though we must be the backbone for their business profits. The only reason anyone would sign a lock-in contract with them and pay substantial up-front costs would be to get some savings on their fuel bills.

I would urge any current customer or potential customer of Suburban Propane to beware of their business practices and if at all possible buy their own fuel tank and do business with any of their competitors. That's what we intend to do as soon as our contract expires. This policy may not be illegal, but it sure takes advantage of conscientious customers who only see their costs skyrocket in a tough ecomony! Even when you try to do the right thing it still bites you in the pocketbook.

Thanks a lot, Suburban Propane, for revealing your attitude towards your loyal customers and adding your name to the long list of American companies who take advantage of their customers for one reason: greed. At least we know where you stand.

Kathleen
Brightwood, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2009 02:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/suburban-propane/tigard-oregon-97223/suburban-propane-shanea-hardcastle-customer-relations-specialist-buyer-beware-before-doing-419196. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair