X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Suffolk County Red Light Safety Program - Internet

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Cheryl N. — Greenlawn New York USA
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Suffolk County Red Light Safety Program Internet USA

Suffolk County Red Light Safety Program Charged late fee when I never received original violation notice Greenlawn New York

*Author of original report: The whole story

*General Comment: The cost..

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I received an overde notice from the Suffolk County Red Light Safety Program regarding a citation dated 12/1/16.  The initial fine was $50.  An illegal administrative fee was $25.  A late penalty was $25.  However, I never received a prior citation; this was the first.  I called the number and spoke to an individual and explained that I would pay the fine but not the $25 late fee since I never received a prior notice.  She told me they don't accept partial payments and the only way to dispute it is to hire a lawyer and go to court.  I said that it was ridiculous to have to take off work and hire a lawyer to fight a $25 fine.  She said that is how the system is set up so I must pay the total amount of $105.  I did but I am furious.  This is an outrage and such a rip-off of my hard earned money!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2016 12:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/suffolk-county-red-light-safety-program/internet/suffolk-county-red-light-safety-program-charged-late-fee-when-i-never-received-original-v-1344660. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

The whole story

AUTHOR: - ()

POSTED: Friday, December 23, 2016

I was driving in the rain. The red light cameras fix the yellow to turn red in less than 3 seconds. I had a car right on my tail. It would have been impossible to stop without causing an accident. I expected to get a citation and it was a choice I made. But the law prohibits the administrative fees which Suffolk County ignores but I truly did not receive the notice and when I called and spoke to the woman, she confirmed my address incorrectly. The is a set name with North at the end and she eliminated the North. I take responsibility for my actions. This added charge without methods to dispute is not fair.

#1 General Comment

The cost..

AUTHOR: Tyg - (USA)

POSTED: Wednesday, December 21, 2016

This is just the cost of running a red light. YOU put other peoples live in danger because YOU are in a hurry. YOU probably threw away the original notice not realizing what it was. It STILL doesnt change the responsibility YOU have to pay on something YOU did. YOU can be mad about it OR take this as a lesson and STOP running red lights. YOU put yourself and any other person who happens to get in YOUR way in danger. YOU would be MORE upset if YOU hurt or killed someone because YOU were in too much of a hurry to respect the rules of the road. Driving is a PRIVILAGE and NOT a right. Unfortunatly good advice tends to fall on deaf ears. Or blind eyes in this instance.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair