X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Supreme Vanlines, Inc. - Baltimore Maryland

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: San Diego California
  • Supreme Vanlines, Inc. 2660 West Patapsco Ave Baltimore, Maryland U.S.A.

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
This has been the most outrageous move! Do NOT use Supreme Vanlines!!

For starters, I was quoted $2,000 under the actual cost of the trip. When I realized that the weight was probably not accurate, I called the week of my move to get an updated quote and was told not to worry about it. "It will be fine. A few dollars over, no big deal." Well, a few dollars ended up being $2,000 over the original $1,250 that was quoted!! This is such a SCAM! They purposefully quote lower than other companies so people will go with them, then charge more than other movers.

When moving day finally arrived, the movers were 7 hours late, getting to my house at 8:30 at night. I called the main number every hour to see if they had any updates and they just told me to call the driver....good customer service example #1. The driver never answered and I had no idea what was going on until they arrived at my house 7 hours past the time they were supposed to. They stayed until 11:30 pm, packing the truck...very professional considering the pick up time was between 9am and 1pm.

It only got worse as I was charged $600 for packing materials because I was NEVER informed that they have certain regulations about the way things must be packed. It was not listed anywhere in my contract, online, or anywhere else. I even asked my sales representative if there were any specifics on packing I should know and he simply replied that fragile items and furniture would be wrapped in blankets at no additional charge....well, $600 did not feel like "no additional charge".

NOTE: On the top of my signed contract, in red bold letters, it states "Delivery between 6-10 and 6-15"

When the week of 6-10 came around, I called to confirm that my shipment would be arriving and to see if they had an estimate what day it would come. During that conversation, like every other time, they said they would call me back and of course, failed to do so. After 3 more calls, I was informed that it was still at the warehouse and would not be leaving until 6-16.

To make a very long story short, I have called the company probably 30 times and each time, someone says they need to get some paperwork and will call me back later tomorrow. Their customer service is the absolute worst! I have been yelled at, interrupted, and straight up told I am wrong--they have all the answers, naturally.

Under the "Your Rights" section on their website, they state "If the mover fails to pick up and deliver your shipment on the dates entered on the bill of lading and you have expenses you otherwise would not have had, you may be able to recover those expenses from the mover. This is what is called an inconvenience or delay claim. Should a mover refuse to honor such a claim and you continue to believe that you are entitled to be paid damages, you may sue the mover." When I read this to the customer service manager, he told me the date of arrival was an estimate and they have 21 days to deliver the shipment. That's interesting considering they have the delivery date in red under the words "binding contract".

You get the point by now....dealing with Supreme Vanlines is just one nightmare after another. When you pay a lot of money for a service, you expect to not only have the order completed based on the contract, but also a little courtesy with that.

Ruth
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2008 11:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/supreme-vanlines-inc/baltimore-maryland-21230/supreme-vanlines-inc-huge-scammers-unprofessional-unreliable-not-at-all-helpful-ho-343166. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
4Consumer
0Employee/Owner

POSTED: Thursday, March 12, 2009
During my 2008 move, Supreme Vanlines "lost" my grandmother's antique dresser worth $750. After arriving nearly two months after the original delivery date, one of the few larger pieces of furniture I owned was missing. I was told to file a claim and because I had failed to note the missing item on the delivery slip, I would only be given $81 for my "lost" dresser. Now, it is almost one year later and I have no compensation for the horribly overpriced moving job, "lost" dresser, or the unnecessary charge for the packing materials. Beware! Supreme Vanlines has changed their address and will most likely be changing their name to avoid the bad rep they have created for themselves.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair