X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Sweepstakes Clearinghouse - Dallas Texas

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: 21216 Maryland
  • Sweepstakes Clearinghouse 1555 Regal Row Prize Notification Dept Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Sweepstakes Clearinghouse ripoff! Dishonest and unlawful banking processes! Thief! Dallas Texas

In March 2004 I mailed a check to Sweepstakes Clearinghouse for a cordless tool set and a dvc digital camcorder. On April 12th the check cleared my account. On or around April 26th, I call to get an estimated time for delivery. At that time they stated that my account had not been paid.

I clearly explained to them that my financial institution shows that this check was cleared. They said I had to provide them evidence of this cleared check.(A copy of my bank statement wasn't enough!) I had to either get a copy of the cleared check or have my financial institution write a letter. It was not possible for me to get a copy of the cleared check because Sweepstakes Clearinghouse processed this payment as an ACH. (ACH does not reference a check number) So I wait two more weeks, figuring that the cash would post by then.

Now it's May 20th, I call and they still insist that they never received my money and are still requesting verification before they issue me my merchandise. I no longer want the merchandise, I want a full refund of my money that they have. I have called numerous times and have requested to speak to someone in a managerial position but they continue to say leave a message and someone will give you a call back! I'm really frustrated, they are stealing they have my money and insist that hey don't.

Shelnel
21216, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2004 10:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sweepstakes-clearinghouse/dallas-texas-75247/sweepstakes-clearinghouse-ripoff-dishonest-and-unlawful-banking-processes-thief-dallas-92263. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content