X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: T Mobile - Internet

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: emily3864 — Washington District of Columbia United States of America
  • T Mobile 12920 SE 38th St. Bellevue, WA 98006 Internet United States of America

T Mobile Refuses to replace defective sidekick with anything else but a defective sidekick Internet

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Another idea

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I bought a Sidekick from T-Mobile in April of 2008. I had to receive a replacement phone within 6 months because I was getting complaints about a loud echo that prevented the caller from hearing me. The problem persisted and three months later I bought a different Sidekick version.
Within 3 months of owning that version I had receive a replacement because I had other people's phone calls cutting into my phone conversations. At times, I could hear another phone conversation for up to 3 minutes while I was on call. My caller just waiting in silence wondering what had happened to me because only my end could hear the conversation.  I was also getting tremendously bad static and random beeping noises while using the phone.
The problem persisted after the replacement phone came in. I was told to buy a new sim card for the phone. I did and the problem persisted. I then started calling TMobile customer service once a month because the phone was malfunctioning.
I would randomly lose all my text messages and sometimes in their place I would receive text messages that were over a year old;
I would lose my voicemails, sometimes without even having the chance to listen to them;
I would lose all my contacts;
I stopped receiving emails to my phone;
I would lose service for hours at a time without ever having changed my primary location;
My internet would freeze up or slow down in areas where I received excellent service;
My phone would turn off and on by itsself and then usually freeze up on the opening screen.
Customer service told me that I needed to trouble shoot (which involved powering off and on the phone) and then told me they couldn't do anything about it the problems. That my complaints were not usual complaints and they weren't prepared to handle them. TMobile offered to send me another replacement sidekick and said that was all they could do for me. They could not credit my account or send me another phone that was not a sidekick. I was given the option to buy a new phone at full retail price.
The sidekick is the most unreliable phone. I would never suggest anyone buying it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2009 10:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/t-mobile/internet/t-mobile-refuses-to-replace-defective-sidekick-with-anything-else-but-a-defective-sidekic-524844. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Another idea

AUTHOR: Sam - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, November 19, 2009
Perhaps another idea you can try if you arent getting what you want from T-Mobile.  Contact the manufacturer of the phone you have.  They are who has the warranty on it, not T-Mobile.  T-Mobile does not have to do anything if a phone breaks because they only provide service to the devices.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair