X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Teacher's Hands Academy Teachers Hands Academy Carolyn Rethwisch - Orlando Florida

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Orlando Florida
  • Teacher's Hands Academy Teachers Hands Academy Carolyn Rethwisch 3057 Curry Ford Road Orlando, Florida U.S.A.

Teacher's Hands Academy Teachers Hands Academy Carolyn Rethwisch mental and emotional abuse, hostile work environment Orlando Florida

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I have also been following these reports for some time. When the first one was posted, I was still on staff. I was also still under the considerable sway of Carolyn Rethwisch. As time passed, the environment became so hostile, and the mental and emotional abuse so pervasive, that I had to seek medical attention for severe depression. Thanks to my Doctor, and my family and friends, I recovered.

I could then see clearly the web of deceit woven through each layer of the school's existence. I began to understand that it was not I who had the problem. I came to the point where I no longer was beguiled by Carolyn's endless and fantastic excuses. She has a forceful and dominant personality. I learned from those close to her that she would often boast about how well she "played" the staff during meetings; especially when she brought people to tears with her dramatics. I learned many things that are not even appropriate to reveal in this open forum. But, I am so grateful to have my eyes opened and my discernment returned to me. I realized that continuing on staff would give my implicit approval to each and every improper decision, and I decided to leave.

Since leaving, my spirit has been refreshed and my mind and heart are healing. For you see, not only is it not a "...safe place for a child's heart, mind, and soul," neither is it a safe place for an employee's heart, mind, and soul. Were I to reveal here all the things I know about THA and Carolyn, it would bring a chill to those who read these entries.

However; it would not bring about any positive changes. Therefore, in order to cleanse myself of any association with THA and Carolyn, I have reported what I know to the proper authorities. It is now up to the state officials to investigate and determine if any action is warranted.

At first I wanted to retain my anonymity about making this report. Because I was afraid of Carolyn. Because I have seen her in action and know the depths to which her pain and anger reach in her soul, and the revenge of which she is capable. But I realized this was still allowing her to influence my thought life and my choices, and realized I needed to reveal my actions in a public forum.

So, there it is. If there is a rebuttal, I already know what barbs it will contain, as they were used against me regularly during my employ. I also know that while there I was frequently the subject of ridicule among the rest of the administrative staff. I also know that not one time was any discontent with my performance communicated to me, which leads me to believe there was cowardice on both sides of the fence.

I am free now, and I learned much. I am thankful for the wonderful teachers I was blessed to supervise. They made the time there bearable and they were the only reason that any of the students learned anything. It is a shame that I was the only administrator to credit their amazing achievements and that they received abuse and shame at the hands of the Principal and Vice-Principal.

Parents who are considering enrolling their child at THA just need to know the whole story before making their decision. I have been maligned and lied about to parents and other professionals since leaving there,and I expect that only the strongest minds will be able to discern the truth.

There are still people there that I treasure and count as true friends. They will be the ones to understand why I had to speak out. They are also the ones who bring the light and goodness that does exist to the students attending THA. Peace and strength be yours.

Sheryl
Winter Springs, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2004 04:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/teachers-hands-academy-teachers-hands-academy-carolyn-rethwisch/orlando-florida-32806/teachers-hands-academy-teachers-hands-academy-carolyn-rethwisch-mental-and-emotional-abus-114174. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair