X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Texas Check Processors - Houston Texas

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Mesquite Texas
  • Texas Check Processors 7324 Southwest Freeway Suite 222 Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I spoke with Investigator Hill who informed me that I had 2 checks NSF that needed to be paid or a warrant for my arrest would be issued. I asked for the bank name, check numbers, dates, amounts, and to whom the checks were written. Investigator Hill informed me that he didn't have that information.

I told him that the letter his company sent to me stated that they had the original check in their possession and that I wouldn't pay without further information.

I bank at three different banks. I called all 3 and there are no outstanding checks in my name. Investigator Hill advised me that a warrant would be issued for my arrest unless the monies were paid to clear my name.

I overnighted a money order in the amount of $585.00 on 3/24/08. The money order was signed for on 3/25/08. I have made several calls in regards to obtaining my original checks as promised in the letter and from Investigator Hill. Investigator Hill advised that I would have the 2 checks in 2 to 3 weeks. Today is May 9th, 2008 and I still haven't heard from them nor do I have my original checks.

Rippedoffinforney
Mesquite, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2008 07:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/texas-check-processors/houston-texas-77074/texas-check-processors-claims-that-i-had-2-outstanding-checks-totaling-58500-houston-te-331750. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
7Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Advice

AUTHOR: Tim - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Wednesday, May 27, 2009
First, "Investigator Hill" is not an "investigator." At best he is a debt collector, at worst he is an outright scam artist. I'm assuming the latter is the case.

If you were able to confirm that the money order was negotiated, I'm assuming you still have the stub with the identifying number on it. Call the police and tell them what happened. Maybe they'll be able to track down your scam artist.

By the way, the police do not call your house and ask you to send them a money order or face an arrest warrant. Scam artists do.

Big mistake

AUTHOR: Steph - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Sunday, May 24, 2009
You should of never sent them money . If you have your copy of the money order . I would issue a stop payment on it and see about having your money refunded. If that crook would of called me saying I owed money and I knew I did not I would tell this fool what he can kiss

" I called all 3 and there are no outstanding checks in my name."

OK, you did the right thing and found out that these supposed checks did not exist. Then you turn around and send the scammer money? What was the point in calling the banks? They told you what you needed to know to avoid this. The fact that you're waiting around for them to send you cancelled checks that don't exist is mind boggling.

I'll lay it out for you. You sent money to a scammer for checks you knew weren't outstanding. You will never see these non-existent checks and you'll never hear from this particular scammer again. You can expect that your contact info will be sold to other scammers, since you have displayed a level of gullibility that would make a scammers mouth water. Be on your guard.

owner's Name

AUTHOR: Pike01 - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Owners name is Michael Donnell Hale. He's the biggest crook, and yet still is not behind bars. That will all change soon.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair