X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: The College Network - Indianapolis Indiana

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Orlando Florida
  • The College Network 3815 River Crossing Parkway, Suite 260 Indianapolis, Indiana U.S.A.

The College Network Misleading, Fraudulent, dishonest company. Nothing positive to say about the College Network Indianapolis Indiana

*UPDATE Employee: Your concerns with

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
Yes, I myself can testify that the College Network is a ripoff. I tried to cancel my account within the 3 days and no one returned my phone calls. The sales person Matthew Magginoli lied about the entire program. I even attempted to contact him and no phone call was returned. I left several messages to cancel the account and to send all of the unused books back that are still in the original boxed and still wrapped in plastic and untouched. They refused to accept the books back. Also I notice that several other people are charged differently for the books.

This is a ripoff. Oh, by the way you only pay for the books with the College Network in which the sales person does not tell you this. He tells you that you only have to deal with the College Network and later on you find out from other sources and not by the College Network that you have to apply with an outside College named Excelsior College.

Since then I have been contacted by a third party collection agency named the American Credit exchange that claimed that the Credit union in which the College network was paid in full charged off the account and this company brought it. I have been making payments to this company and the money is going to the College Network. They are a ripoff because it's like they are getting paid twice because they have already received a check for the total amount of the books only from SouthEast Financial Credit Union. Why is it that the College Network cannont send the Credit Union their money and accept the books back. Total Ripoff.

I have been making payments to this company (American Credit Exchange) and just recently received a letter from an attorney's office located in New York stating that they are representing Southeast financial credit union. The College Network is committing fraud and something needs to be done about it. I feel that there are too many innocent people that the College Network has lied to and scammed. There are several people in florida willing to go forward with filing a case against the College Network, but need others from other states.

Please let us stand together so that no one else will have to endure with this dishonest company. The sales representative also told me that for every person I refer to the college network and they sign up I would receive 250.00 per person. I referred four people in which I regret that I did and never received any compensation.

Wadeedah
Orlando, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2008 12:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/the-college-network/indianapolis-indiana-46240/the-college-network-misleading-fraudulent-dishonest-company-nothing-positive-to-say-abo-340692. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Your concerns with

AUTHOR: The College Network - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Ms. El-Amin,

I am writing in response to your concerns that you have posted on ripoffreport.com.

You stated that you had attempted to cancel your purchase agreement within 3 business days and that you were not called back. Our Academic Support Department is available Monday-Thursday 8am until 11pm EST and on Fridays from 8am until 9pm EST. We can be reached at our toll-free number, e-mail, web chat, fax, or mail. We also have a voicemail system in the event that our representatives are busy. Had we been made aware of your desire to discontinue your program within the proscribed period, we would have gladly assisted. Our records indicate that your first attempt to discontinue your purchase agreement was not made until May 15th, 2007 and you had signed up on September 8th, 2006.

There also seems to be a misunderstanding as to The College Network's role in furthering your education. The College Network is an educational services company that provides educational materials, resources, and ongoing support to assist you in taking equivalency examinations. The paperwork you completed at the time you signed up indicates the institution from which you would receive your degree.

I looked into your concerns regarding the people you referred to TCN and found that they were not eligible according to the program rules. Discontinuing your program or failing to pay for the program are examples of reasons that might cause a referral to lose eligibility. Please visit http://www.college-net.com/earn/ for complete program details.

After reviewing your account, I see that we have spoken on several occasions. It is my sincerest hope that you reconsider you decision to discontinue your education. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I hope I have addressed all your concerns and look forward to speaking to you in the future.

Sincerely,

Rick DeGeeter
The College Network

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair