X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: The Loan Servicing Center aka Fairbanks Capital aka Superior Bank - Salt Lake City Utah

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Elon North Carolina
  • The Loan Servicing Center aka Fairbanks Capital aka Superior Bank 3815 South West Temple Salt Lake City, Utah U.S.A.

The Loan Servicing Center aka Fairbanks Capital aka Superior Bank Rip-off didn't notify me that loan was sold refused payments & put me in foreclosure without notifying me this company is still trying to rip me off Salt Lake City Utah

*Consumer Suggestion: Contact HUD immediately!

*Consumer Suggestion: PREDATORY LENDING HAS TO STOP!

To this date, I have not recieved a statement, coupon book, letter, nothing. I had no idea that my loan was sold so I have made copies of a single document I was provided in closing from April 2000 to current and included it with my payments. I repeatedly asked them in writing to send me documentation that payments are posted, repeatedly requested in writing for a statement, repeatedly asked for my address to be corrected.

Not until I attempted to refinance did I find out that Superior Bank was shut down by FDIC. Thanks to Superior aka Fairbanks aka The Loan Servicing Center, I was denied. They refused payments, put me in foreclosure, telling me that I must now pay $1087 per month to save my home when initial payments were $812.00.

I have requested in writing a breakdown of fees and an explanation of the much higher payment. To date I have not received this. I am fed up but at the same time not being able to afford an attorney puts me in a position of helplessness. I am interested in any 'class action lawsuite' that may have been file against these companies. I hate to lose my home because I worked so hard to get there, but I am almost ready to give it up and start over someplace else.

Michele
Elon, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2003 02:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/the-loan-servicing-center-aka-fairbanks-capital-aka-superior-bank/salt-lake-city-utah-84115-0250/the-loan-servicing-center-aka-fairbanks-capital-aka-superior-bank-rip-off-didnt-notify-me-41610. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Contact HUD immediately!

AUTHOR: anon - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, January 16, 2003
Hello--

Contact HUD (www.hud.gov) immediately, and research your rights under "RESPA" "Truth in Lending" and "Predatory lending".

Both mortgage holders--your old one and the one that purchased your loan are required to notify you within specific time frames and give you contact information. You have a right to get this information. There is specific language to use (see HUD website) to get the material in writing and protect your rights. HUD has a toll-free number also, please contact them immediately to help stop your forclosure and protect your rights.

Also, research www.naca.com on the internet. It's a national non-profit, they might be able to re-finance your predatory loan. They actually came into existance by taking on a predatory lender and winning (took on Fleet Bank). Now they use that settlement money to work with low and moderate income home buyers and owners.

Unfortunately, you might be best served by hiring a lawyer immediately to "cover your a*s" while the wheels of HUD are turning. It takes a while, and in the meantime, you need to protect yourself and your house. Legal expenses are reimbursable in a HUD settlement if they find the mortgage company noncompliant. Good luck!

#1 Consumer Suggestion

PREDATORY LENDING HAS TO STOP!

AUTHOR: Debby - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Wednesday, January 15, 2003
North Carolina passed some predatory lending laws which may be of assistance. Have you contacted your Attorney General in North Carolina?

Also a group called Community Reinvestment