X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: The Motley Fool - Internet

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Cincinnati Ohio
  • The Motley Fool motelyfool.com Internet U.S.A.

The Motley Fool Unethical business practices or just poor customer service--I'll never know--unless you respond with your story too Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Response to Anonymous

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I'm disappointed in the service I received from MotleyFool.com. I signed up for the trial 30 day subscription, where they ask you for your credit card info, and then canceled about 20 days into it. They responded that my subscription had been cancelled via E-mail. Yet, when I checked my credit card statement over thirty days later, I'd surely been billed 150 dollars. I'm glad to have read the previous resolution from the other RipOff Report customer otherwise, I wouldn't have known the best place to start.

Motleyfool still doesn't provide a number where they can be reached by phone on their web site, (I guess they have to provide one by law, now on the credit card billing--yet after three tries, no luck there either). After my 3rd E-mail, and three phone call tries, they e-mailed me back saying that I'd be reimbursed the amount that they charged. I'm assuming I'll get my money back, but I'm sorely disappointed in the level of customer service and professionalism by these folks. Until they can back their services by a responsive customer service hotline and still ask for credit card info for just a trial membership(knowing that you might get billed despite your best efforts to cancel), this customer says, stay far away from this online trickster. Is it just me or has anyone else had dealings like this as well? Very Annoying!!!

Anonymous
Cincinnati, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2008 02:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/the-motley-fool/internet/the-motley-fool-unethical-business-practices-or-just-poor-customer-service-ill-never-kno-364625. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Response to Anonymous

AUTHOR: Tmfandyos1 - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Dear Anonymous,

I'm sorry for the poor impression we created during your subscription with us.

I'd like to ensure the refund and cancellation is in order and investigate why your emailed requests were not properly handled.

Would you mind calling me at 1 888 665 3665 Monday-Friday 9am-5pm ET and ask for me? Let any agent know that I requested you call and please reference the Rip-Off Report.

Again my apologies,

Andy
The Motley Fool Member Services

Response to Anonymous

AUTHOR: Tmfandyos1 - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Dear Anonymous,

I'm sorry for the poor impression we created during your subscription with us.

Again my apologies,

Andy
The Motley Fool Member Services

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair