X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: The West Company - Bloomington Minnesota

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Menomonie Wisconsin
  • The West Company 7900 International Drive Suite 200 Bloomington, Minnesota U.S.A.

The West Company ripoff invite you to interview for real job then want 15% Bloomington Minnesota

*General Comment: I agree with Paul

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
For recent college grads that are looking for work in the greater Twin Cities area, stay away from the West Company. There was a advertisement for a marketing job that paid $35,000 a year on Monster.com. I contacted the company and Don Westrom scheduled an interview with me. I drove the two hours to Bloomington and when I got there I found out that there was no such job. The West Company is just an emplyoment agency run by one little man who will take 15% of your first year's salary in return for him finding you an assistant manager posistion at Menards or Applebee's. I reviewed the contract before the interview and for some reason decided to go in and meet this guy anyway. He told me that I had no chance of gaining employment in the marketing field and even had the nerve to tell me that I wasn't enthusiastic enough during the interview. This is just a warning for all of you that might come across an offer from this toolbox.

Paul
Menomonie, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2006 01:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/the-west-company/bloomington-minnesota-55425/the-west-company-ripoff-invite-you-to-interview-for-real-job-then-want-15-bloomington-min-174623. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#2 General Comment

I agree with Paul

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (United States of America)

POSTED: Thursday, November 19, 2009
Paul is telling the truth about this company.  I just wasted my time going down to Bloomington this morning as well and was very put off with how Don conducts business.  He will put you down and tell you why you don't have a job when he has no information on your circumstances or any other information to tell you otherwise.  He will tell you that you absolutely cannot make it in the marketing world without doing a lot of cold-calling sales type work and that you need to work your way up.  Sorry Don, I don't need help finding a sales position when there are thousands of them out there.  Your business practices are awful and you should maybe rethink how you talk to people and listen to them rather than press things on them.

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Absolutely False

AUTHOR: Don - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, December 28, 2006
The information contained in this "Rip-Off report" is false to say the least and slanderous. Paul obviously didn't understand our procedures. We are licensed and bonded with the State of Minnesota Department of Labor & Industry and as such are bound by state laws which govern employment agencies.
State law requires us to only post actual specific job openings, which we do .We are here to screen candidates, that is our job.

The truth is that Paul's interview presentation wasn't strong enough to warrant being passed on to the actual company so he never was told the name of the hiring company. As for fees; under law an applicant is NEVER obligated to pay any fees when going through this agency. A job search can be a frustrating endeavor so I can empathize with his situation.

We have over 16 years of impeccable service record and many successful and satisfied clients. Don't let one disgruntled report dissuade you if you are responding to any of our job postings.

Don Westrum
The West Company
Bloomington, MN

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair