Complaint Review: thefreelanceracademy.com -

• Updated: Wed, July 18, 2018
  • Reported By: Pissed — United States
  • thefreelanceracademy.com

United States

thefreelanceracademy.com The Freelancer Academy Tried to sell me a fake web design certification for $495 Internet

*Consumer Comment: I too was scammed by The Freelancer Academy

The certification is made up of a series of videos that they pulled from youtube. They say the training is "one-on-one" but actually when you sign in, you have to follow along with dated directions that have broken links, and you only have access to the teacher via a GROUP im chat. He won't answer questions in the chat but makes you download a teamviewer and provide your credentials. The course promises things it doesn't deliver and then the "exam" at the end is another random internet "quiz" that has questions on it that have NOTHING to do with the material that was "taught" in the course. BOGUS. And nowhere near worth the money!

I went there from a job listing on Craigslist, but I'm sure there are many other ways they get people to sign up.

This job listing says it's hiring web designers and then asks people applying to make a payment toward an online training for a certification. I was told that I needed to do the training for one week. I did it, the training was very thrown together and unprofessional. And now that the training is finished I'm getting no correspondence from the employer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2018 11:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/thefreelanceracademycom/-/thefreelanceracademycom-the-freelancer-academy-tried-to-sell-me-a-fake-web-design-certifi-1452301. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

I too was scammed by The Freelancer Academy

AUTHOR: Yeasha - (United States)

My sister and I was scammed too by Freelance Academy and "Michael" who may be Holland Jaskson. Went through with the payment to attened the week "training" of youtube videos and a poor excuse of a exam(had to take a retake due to how misleading the exam was as some of the stuff from the videos was not on the exam)and passed.

As of 8/20, we still don't have our WDC and "Michael" stop respending to our calls/texts for two weeks(last text from him was on August 3) and I've send a email last week but got nothing back. So mad as since 2014, I've been having a tough time trying to find a job and though finally this year, got a nice work from home job with good pay but guess we were wrong. So we're back to square one.

Well "Michael" if you see this, hope you enjoy the $71.25 you scammed from me and my sister for nothing. Thanks alot.