Complaint Review: Thor California = Johnny Walker RV - Moreno Valley California
- Thor California = Johnny Walker RV 14255 Elsworth Street Moreno Valley, California U.S.A.
- Phone: 951-697-4190
- Category: RV Dealers
Thor California, Johnny Walker RV ripoff sold me a defective unfinished and unsafe fifth wheel Moreno Valley California
On December 19, 2005, I purchased a new 2006 JAZZ fifth wheel, model 2760RL FW from Johnny Walker RV in Las Vegas. Since the day I picked it up, it has given me nothing but trouble. It also came close to killing me as I attempted to light the oven for the first time. It seems someone installed the oven burner tube incorrectly, allowing propane to fill the coach while the pilot was burning. There are water leaks, electrical shorts, broken framework and non-functional appliances and features.
The coach was only towed 250 miles from Las Vegas to Perris, CA on paved roads. Two persons have occupied it less than 40 days since purchase. The following is a list of the current note worthy problems that I have documented and video taped.
* Batteries would not hold a charge. (Charger/Converter failed)
* Water poured from hose fitting in storage compartment.
* Oven assembled incorrectly, filled coach with propane.
* SAN-T-FLUSH system not functional. (passage never drilled out)
* Water leaks from shower faucet fitting in wall.
* Tub perimeter and shower door frame leak water onto bathroom floor.
* Water leaking under coach from pipe out of grey water holding tank.
* Awning retractable support arm bottom screws pulled out. (Screws missed framework)
* Slide out does not seal.
* Chassis flex of 3 inches at hitch.
* Stereo/DVD system does not power up.
* Blows Refer/Range Hood fuse.
* Grey water tank fitting leaks
* Kicks main circuit breaker when usage reaches 22 calculated amps. (suppose to handle 30amps)
* Door will not shut when Right Rear leveling jack is used. (Frame flexes)
* Slide out does not mate parallel at wall.
* Shower floor has mis-drilled drain hole in middle of tub. (Tub floor has no support in hole area)
* Grey Water tank split open. (Chassis angle iron tank support bent down in middle)
* Floor support framework is broken in kitchen area and drops about 1 inch when stepped on.
* Aluminum frame welds are inadequate in either length or quality. Welds are cracking.
* Electrical short cause sparks at fuse panel.
* Escape window would not unlatch, had to be forced open.
The dealer offered to give me $5,500 less than I paid for the coach on a trade in of greater value. I believe ThorCalifornia owes me a refund of the purchase price, but they tell me it is just a warranty matter. ThorCalifornia is nothing short of a criminal enterprise. And they have the balls to put "American Pride" decals on the coach.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2006 12:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/thor-california-johnny-walker-rv/moreno-valley-california-92553/thor-california-johnny-walker-rv-ripoff-sold-me-a-defective-unfinished-and-unsafe-fifth-w-202751. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.