X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: muslhead — Anytown California USA
  • Thrive market Internet USA

Thrive market - membership scam Avoid at all costs - i had to file a case with BBB Culver City, CA Internet

*Author of original report: Damage Control

*UPDATE Employee: Thrive Market Membership

i accepted their trial membership offer and placed an order. All went ok with the order but i decided not to go forward with the annual membership. They sent me a courtesy email reminder that i would billed for an annual membership if i didnot cancel within 2 weeks. I wrote them 5 times between receipt of email and actual biling date. I additionally tried calling (you cannot get a live person) but you cannot speak to anyone or leave a message. In addition they never replied back (other than automated response telling me any response would be delayed) to my written request. They billed my CC and refused all attempts to address this scam.  I ended up having to file a BBB report.  Guess what?  They responded instantly.

If you dont want to take my word for it search the internet. This is their MO.
This is a blatant scam and i would suggest avoiding at all costs.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2015 01:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/thrive-market/internet/thrive-market-membership-scam-avoid-at-all-costs-i-had-to-file-a-case-with-bbb-culver-1252742. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Damage Control

AUTHOR: - ()

POSTED: Saturday, September 05, 2015

Funny how they respond immedately once they get negative press. Until then, the unaware consumer gets scammed.

They rip you off and if you are too timid or dont have time to deal with it, they make out.  If they dont, they apologize profusely and blame it on being too busy. I understand the busy part, as i am very sure most of their time is having to respond to BBB and ripoff bad press.

This is damage control at its best

Thrive Market Membership

AUTHOR: Thrive Market - (USA)

POSTED: Friday, September 04, 2015

Without more information about this individual account, we are unable to determine the specific conditions surrounding the membership charge. That said, we do apologize for any inconvenience that this charge caused and for our inability to follow up in a more timely manner.

Over the past month, we have experienced much more growth than expected, which led to delays in responding to customer requests. Thought not an excuse, we have since doubled our member services department, so that we are able to follow up with all requests more quickly and personally.

Again, we truly apologize for this experience and hope that the quick improvements we've made prevent this from happening in the future.