X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: TKO Sports Advertisting And Marketing -

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Santa Monica California
  • TKO Sports Advertisting And Marketing U.S.A.

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
On February 14, 2008, I was contacted by David Roberts from TKO Sports at (503) 925-5353. He asked if I would like to advertise on a T-shirt for Palisades Charter High School that would be sold at games. The cost would be $199.50; however, they offered to sell me a "church spot" that had not been taken for only $99.50. I asked if they worked with a school closer to my office. I was told that Crysal would call me back. Crystal called later that day and said they also work with New Roads school in Santa Monica, which is a private school, according to my online research. She told me that the cost to advertise on the back of the t-shirt was $199.50 normally; however, it would be only $99.50 with a discount AND that I would save an additional 10% if I gave her a check by phone or credit card payment over the phone that day. I told her to email me some information about the project and explained that I needed to verify the validity of their company and their project before signing up for anything. I wanted to see something in writing before committing to anything. She then emailed me an attachment - basically what my ad might look like - Allstate logo and my name and address. However, she didn't include anything about the actual project. I also took notice of the website, which seemed strange to me. So I called Crystal to tell her that I had no way of verifying the validity of their company and that I thought it was odd that she was asking for a check by phone or credit card payment over the phone, etc. I told her that I was a cautious business owner and that I thought the whole thing seemed strange. I also mentioned my concern about their website to her. She told me their website was under construction. I told her that my instinctual feeling about their company was not good and that I feared they might try to scam me. I told her that I would not be doing business with her company. She told me that I could contact the coach at the school. She later called me back with the coach's name and number. I called the number she gave me and got a voice mail. I left a voice mail for the alleged coach stating that I'd like to support the school but that I wanted to know more about the T-shirt project and the school's relationship with TKO. I never received a return phone call. The day after I received Crystal's email with the attachment, I decided to delete the email in case it was infected.

Since then I have received a call from Jeff, who was following up. He acted like I had signed an agreement or something, which I had not. I explained to him that I had already talked to Crystal and that I did not want to do business with TKO. He was extremely rude and threatening. He said I placed an order, which, of course, it not a true statement. (A contract was never established.) He thanked me for wasting their time and threatened to send me to collections unless I paid them. I then received a couple calls from John Guardia (spelling?) who said he was a manager. I gave him a history and told him that I never agreed to anything and did not want to do business with his company. He said that if I would only check with the BBB, I could verify the validity of their company. I told him that I researched their company and found that others had made complaints on the Rip-Off Report. I also told him that the "coach" never called me back and that everthing smelled bad. He said he would contact the coach and have him call me that day. The "coach" has never called to date. John Guardia called again today, 02/28/2008, and tried once again to get me to pay for something I never signed up for. He threatened to turn this over to collections. I told that him that we never had a contract and I told him to stop harrassing me. However, he called back again and left another threatening message on my voice mail stating that he would turn this over to collections. I am now taking action and telling others to be very cautious when dealing with TKO. BE CAREFUL.

Kim
Santa Monica, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2008 03:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/tko-sports-advertisting-and-marketing/tko-sports-advertisting-and-marketing-i-am-being-harrassed-by-this-company-and-john-guardi-313066. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
7Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#8 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Tko sports has agreements with every school they work with.

The coaches are very busy people between teaching hundreds of students a day and after school activities. They find it very hard to take time out of their busy schedule to do this type of thing. That is why companies such as T.K.O. Sports exist.

This person acts like offering a discount is illegal and the coach should instantly drop what they are doing and give them a call!

You have no basis for your complaint and you are talking about this company like they are behind a global domination plan.

My question is What is your complaint? Maybe you should make a complaint against the school for not returning your call. This company did nothing wrong to you.

#7 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

There are 237 reports for Allstate on this website.

THANKS FOR THE USEFUL INFO DR. ???

POSTED: Thursday, October 02, 2008
TO THE LAST COMMENT WE RECEIVED ON THIS REPORT. WE WOULD LIKE TO ADD THAT WE ARE AMUSED AT THE RESPONSE WE HAVE RECEIVED CONCERNING A COMPANY THAT WE HAVE NEVER ACTUALLY DONE BUSINESS WITH OR RECEIVED FUNDS FROM. ALSO, TO CLARIFY THE BBB STATUS OF OUR COMPANY, THE BBB IS NOT PERFECT. THEY LUMPED OUR COMPANY IN WITH ANOTHER COMPANY IN THE SAME CITY WITH ALMOST THE SAME NAME. IT TURNS OUT THEY DID NOT HAVE A POSITIVE RATING WITH THE BBB. WE HAVE RESOLVED THIS AND OUR CURRENT RATING AT THE BBB IS SATISFACTORY. ALSO, WE HAVE NOTICED SOME OTHER REPORTS ON THIS PAGE THAT WE HAVE ADDRESSED AND RESOLVED AS WELL. THERE ARE NO CUSTOMERS OF OURS ON HERE WE WOULD NOT BE WILLING TO TALK TO AND TRY TO HELP IN ANY WAY POSSIBLE. AS ALWAYS,PLEASE CALL 1-866-694-2230 WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS.

Just check out BBB Houston website on TKO Sports UNSATISFACTORY

AUTHOR: Jon - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Friday, July 25, 2008
Anyone who types in capitals is considered to be yelling and not a busy person typing. Just check report on Better Business Bureau Houston site it's unsatifactory and by the way their responses are it shows how they operate their business. There is no proof that looking at the computor for a long period of time danages your eyes either, check with a doctor it was shown on a medical report that even looking at TV very close will NOT hurt your eyes. Plus why would anybody want to talk to a company that yells and blames others for their high pressure sales tactics , if all this is not true then why does TKO Sports Advertising Houston have an unsatisfactory report with the Houston Better Business Bureau? Oh they must be wrong too? Just because it's a small business doesn't mean nobody will stand up for their rights against bully tactics.

TO JESSICA IN HAWAII

POSTED: Friday, July 25, 2008
HI JESSICA,
THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENT. WE WILL TRY TO KEEP IN MIND THAT YOU DO NOT LIKE IT WHEN PEOPLE USE ALL CAPS WHEN TYPING. ONE THING FOR YOU TO KEEP IN MIND, STARING AT COMPUTERS IS DAMAGING TO YOUR VISION. IT IS MUCH EASIER ON THE EYES TO READ ALL CAPS AND ALSO IT IS A GREAT TIME SAVER FOR BUSY PEOPLE. IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS PLEASE CALL OUR PUBLIC RELATIONS DEPT. AND WE WILL MORE THAN HAPPY TO ACCEPT THEM .THANKS!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Not very professional sounding

AUTHOR: Jessica - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Sunday, June 15, 2008
I don't think I would believe a company either that talks to anyone like that. Some customer service. How professional is it to write in all caps anyways?

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND YOU

POSTED: Friday, March 14, 2008
YES WE DID CONTACT KIM TO BE A SPONSOR FOR THE NEW ROADS H.S. ATHLETIC T-SHIRTS. YES, SHE DID HAVE A LOT OF QUESTIONS WHICH WE HAD NO PROBLEM ANSWERING.

SOME OF WHICH SHE WROTE IS TRUE. WHAT IS ALSO TRUE IS THAT WE DID OFFER HER A $199.50 AD FOR $99.50. THIS IS BELOW COST. WHY DID WE DO THAT? KIM WAS GOING TO BE THE LAST SPONSOR WE NEEDED TO GO TO PRINT. LOSING HER AS A SPONSOR IS NO LOSS FOR US BECAUSE HER SPONSOR SHIP DIDN'T REALLY HELP ANYWAY. AS FAR AS THE COACH IN CONCERNED. WE DID GIVE HER THE COACHES NAME AND NUMBER AT THE SCHOOL. WE DO THIS FOR ANY SPONSOR THAT REQUEST THE INFO. WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE. WE HAVE A SIGNED AGREEMENT WITH THE SCHOOL ( NEW ROADS H.S. ) TO PRODUCE T-SHIRTS AT NO COST FOR THEIR ATHLETIC DEPT..

DID MRS. W LEAVE A MESSAGE FOR THE COACH? IT'S POSSIBLE BUT COACHES ARE VERY BUSY AND CANT ALWAYS RESPOND WITHIN 5 MINUTES OF YOU CALLING THEM. THEY ARE BUSY PEOPLE, AND NO MRS. W, THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND YOU. ALSO, JOHN DID SAY THAT HE WOULD HAVE THE COACH CALL HER AND HE DID CALL HER BACK TO LET HER KNOW THAT HE HADN'T SPOKEN WITH THE COACH YET .

WHAT MRS. W DIDN'T TELL YOU IS THAT WHEN JOHN CALLED HER BACK SHE IMMEDIATLY BEGAN CUSSING AT HIM. HE NEVER HAD A CHANCE TO EXPLAIN WHY SHE HADN'T HEARD FROM ANYBODY YET. (ALL THIS TOOK PLACE IN A 24 HR. PERIOD). ALSO, WE HAVE DONE BUSINESS WITH MANY ALLSTATE INS. CO. AND WE WILL NOT LET THIS SMALL BUSINESS OWNER TARNISH THE GOOD REPUTATION THEY HAVE WITH US. THE SHIRTS WILL BE PRINTED ON TIME WITH OR WITHOUT THE SPONSOR SHIP OF THIS OVERLY CAUTIOUS SMALL BUSINESS OWNER. THERE ARE MANY OTHER INS. AGENTS THAT KNOW A GOOD DEAL WHEN THEY SEE ONE. JEFF KIRK PRODUCTION MNGR.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair