X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Tonik Health - Anthem Blue Cross - Internet

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Los Angeles California
  • Tonik Health - Anthem Blue Cross www.tonikhealth.com Internet U.S.A.

Tonik Health - Anthem Blue Cross The company changed my policy without notice and failed to cancel my policy. Oxnard California

*Consumer Comment: WTF

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I originally signed up for Tonik because it seemed like a great deal for young adults who are less likely to get sick or need frequent doctor visits.

The main selling point of this plan was the 100 dollar ER visits. This was a huge relief for me as I tend to do activities that could leave me in the ER (s****. />
It turns out that the company changed the policy so that the ER visits are no longer covered until the deductible is met, turning this policy into a regular health plan with terrible benefits. No longer is this plan appealing to a young adult such as myself. I'm still paying out of pocket if I get hurt, this time 3000 dollars instead of one hundred.

I called in to cancel my policy and they told me it was cancelled. I've recently began looking on my bank statements only to find that the company has been billing my card regardless of my cancellation! Basically there are 5 months of automatic payments they billed me for fraudulently.

I filed a grievance with them and they were unable to resolve the issue, saying that they sent notices about the changes and my cancellation was never effective.

I have now filed a stop payment on the CC retroactive to when I cancelled and now I want everyone to know NOT TO DO BUSINESS with these guys!

Disgruntledmember
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2008 12:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/tonik-health-anthem-blue-cross/internet/tonik-health-anthem-blue-cross-the-company-changed-my-policy-without-notice-and-failed-t-373446. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

WTF

AUTHOR: W.t.f - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Friday, May 08, 2009
i just got my letter tonight. i'm wondering if the advancements in technology & you're info being stored, i.e. ralph's club card & basically every other aspect of daily living, doesn't give them an unfair advantage in the game of putting a price tag around people's necks based unjustly on their purchasing habits, & every other private detail about one;s self . how can we stand for a company like this? they're cheaters plain & simple. they're the schoolyard bully that pushes people around b/c they're bigger & they can. truth is...they're obviously gettin desperate pulling these kind of sleazy moves. the banks just went through a shakedown, wonder who's next!

i haven't spoke to them yet to get a real understanding of the situation. i do know we've all been fooled. sure, i'm getting older...we all are...but their kind of v insurance is for cars. we don;t "depreciate" like a simple mechanical machine. it's a service to the people who fund their chosen ruling party's spokesman to represent their voice amongst the sectors of the globe. they may get bailed out, who knows. i'm of the opinion now that only myself and a few others of my inner circle have 100% of my best interest at heart...there fore... i do take responsibility for my part in turning a blind eye & thinking doing business w/ these crooks was gonna help protect my life... and they're cheating weighs on taxpayer programs like medicare & medicaid! this is a psychopathic monster that must be bloodleted!

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair