X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Toyota of Santa Monica - Santa Monica California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Uberwoman — Venice California USA
  • Toyota of Santa Monica Lincoln Blvd and Santa Monica Blvd Santa Monica, California USA

Toyota of Santa Monica Santa Monica Toyoa Ripped Off, Bait-and-switched on the warrantee! Santa Monica California

In December, I bught a 2012 used Prius at Toyota of Santa Monica. The sticker price was over 14K, more than I wanted to spend and the mileage was 85K. But it was a Prius V and the money guy doing the paperwork offered me a 3 year service warranty. The sales guy also said it would run to 300K miles and my warranty covers all repairs.

The price comes to over 19K. Way more than I wanted to spend but at least I'm covered.

Next, a month later, the battery dies. I begin to wonder if they inspected the car at all. I'm told by the service dept that batteries are not covered by my plan. I'm also told that "You  SHOULD be upset as the sales guys will say anything to sell a car and they are often deceptive. We service guys have to deal with that all the time." I go back in to try to find the sales guy and they say he no longer works there. To Toyota's credit, they fix my battery for free when I pitch a small fit.

In March, I take it in for my first service and am told I don't have the right plan, cannot get service and that they sold me the wrong plan and they often do that to deceive customers into buying. I asked the service guy if he'd go on record and he said “Sure!” and gave me his name.

Then I go back to try to straighten it all out and they give me a service plan for 2 years. I said to the same money guy "But you said 3 years when we were signing the papers." The guy lied and said he did not.

Where we’re at now is that they need 10 days to see if corporate will let me have the 3 year plan that was promised when I bought it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2017 03:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/toyota-of-santa-monica/santa-monica-california/toyota-of-santa-monica-santa-monica-toyoa-ripped-off-bait-and-switched-on-the-warrantee-1369811. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content