Complaint Review: Toyota Of Thousand Oaks - Thousand Oaks California

• Submitted: Sun, April 03, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, April 03, 2011
  • Reported By: John — Venice California United States of America
  • Toyota Of Thousand Oaks
    2401 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd.
    Thousand Oaks, California
    United States of America

Toyota Of Thousand Oaks Anthony Ruiz Rip Off at Service Dept. at Toyota of Thousand Oaks Thousand Oaks , California

My car broke down and I was towed to Toyota of Thousand Oaks with a broken drive belt on my 2003 Camry.  Toyota Repair "Advisor" Anthony Ruiz gave a written quote of $98 to repair broken "drive belt" (which I later found out through my honest mechanic, Victor Vongchaisaree of Santa Monica VC Automotive, was the only reason my car overheated).

Then, Toyota of Thousand Oaks, Anthony Ruiz called me later (I was eating lunch across the street) and said another belt would be added but none was, and charged me a total of $146.

Then, Anthony Ruiz said my radiator was damaged due to overheating and the radiator was not holding pressure via a test.  So, rather than replace radiator cap he insisted that I needed a new radiator at $500 and warned me my car would over heat if I left without replacing the radiator --which it didnt.  I lost a whole day driving to LA to have my said mechanic make an additional repair that wasnt needed.  Not only did Toyota of Thousand Oaks waste my time and money but also my said mechanic's who had to send back an unneeded radiator he ordered on my behalf and because of their fraudulent "advice."

Finally, Toyota of Thousand Oaks inflated my tires with air without my permission, they negligently inner mixed air with the exclusive nitrogen in my tires.  Idiots!

Toyota of Thousand Oaks is a fraud!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2011 12:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/toyota-of-thousand-oaks/thousand-oaks-california-91362/toyota-of-thousand-oaks-anthony-ruiz-rip-off-at-service-dept-at-toyota-of-thousand-oaks-713334. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content