X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Trans-America Financial - Purchase New York

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Summerville Georgia
  • Trans-America Financial 100 Manhattanville Road,Suite3 Purchase, New York U.S.A.
  • Phone: 866-714-7583
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Trans-America Financial ripoff dishonest fraudulent loan company Purchase New York

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I saw an ad in a local newspaper "The Thrifty Nickel" for a loan company. I made a call and gave my information. I got a call back in about a week or so, letting me know that I had been approved. I called a Linda Blair back at the company and she faxed me an application. I was told that I had to send a certain amount of money for insurance on the loan since I had bad credit but this amount would be refunded to me at the end of my loan. I was also told to fax back the application and send the insurance deposit per Western Union (green form). I was also told that the Western Union amount would be added into my loan amount.

Before doing any of this...I checked the company out online through the better business bureau. There it was supposedly legitimate with no complaints. My bank representative also stated that some loan companies were going to this type of insurance to assure payment.

I sent the application back and sent the insurance amount through Western Union to Ms. Blair's specifications. A short story of it is...I went a week with no deposit into my checking account and no check in the mail as I was promised on numerous occassions. I contacted the company, the Federal Trade Commission and Phone Busters but I still can not get my money back. I even sent a signed request asking for a refund on my insurance amount to no avail.

William
Summerville, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2004 03:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/trans-america-financial/purchase-new-york-10577/trans-america-financial-ripoff-dishonest-fraudulent-loan-company-purchase-new-york-91982. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair