X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Travel2Be - Internet

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Whitney — Honolulu Hawaii USA
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Travel2Be Internet USA

Travel2Be, Travelgenio Incorrect itinerary, evasive customer service, unwillingness to resolve problem, inconsistent fees and charges depending on which representative you talk to Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Customer service

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I was very disappointed with my experience booking with Travelgenio, who seems to be the company behind the booking agency Travel2Be. I would recommend against anybody booking with this company, as they seem to provide incorrect itineraries and then make it extremely difficult to resolve the problem to get a corrected itinerary.

After receiving my booking confirmation with an inexplicable error in the itinerary, Travelgenio customer service bounced me around from representative to representative, despite my attempts to request the same representative so as to get consistent information. I began to suspect foul-play, as the original error in my itinerary was suspicious and the customer service seemed to be adept at avoiding resolution. After researching more about the company, I found it to be a common problem that incorrect itineraries were provided and resolving the issues would be near impossible, with inconsistent fees and charges. I was in a time-sensitive situation and needed a proper itinerary immediately, which was expressed to several of the representatives I spoke with. My case was left unresolved during that time period, and as I could never in many attempts reach the representatives that had told me they would help, in the time they said they would, I was eventually forced to seek a travel solution elsewhere, resulting in a forfeited itinerary of 100% loss to me.

Travel2Be (the booking site I used that was connected to Travelgenio) will return search results that are not what you entered, which can lead one to purchase incorrect tickets. After booking a flight, I noticed in the confirmation email that my return date was two MONTHS prior to my intended return date. When I called to resolve the situation, I was told that I should expect to pay the airline change fee, a processing fee, plus the price difference; I agreed, I simply needed to rectify the situation and correct the return date, as this was a time-sensitive situation and I explained as such. I explained I was flexible with the date, whichever had the best flight option, and they told me they would search all the options and email me with their results. Three hours later, I received an email that said little more than, "Sorry, there are no options for any of the 20 days we searched."

I will clarify that last piece: I was told that in a 20-day time frame, the representative could find absolutely no option for me to return home. After calling back and speaking with at least three different representatives, all who evaded the issue, I was told that because they were a third party booking agency, their "hands were tied," and they could not make changes through the various airline companies. I was told I could try to contact the airlines directly.

I contacted the airlines directly, and was told (as expected) that there was nothing they could do to change an itinerary made through a third party since the payment was not coming from me, it was coming from a booking agency. They advised me to call the agency and have them conference call with the airlines. When I called Travelgenio to try that, a new representative looked at my itinerary and intended return date, and told me that I would be able to change, no problem. He read me the new itinerary and said, "I'll email the details so you can have a look and let us know if you'd like to book it." Great!

Four hours later I had received no email. I called back again, requesting by name the person I'd previously spoken with, only to be told, "He is busy, but I assure you that you will receive an email soon."  No email arrived for hours, and ultimately I had no other option than to book a completely different itinerary with a different, more reliable company. This resulted in 100% loss of funds on my part. That was over $2700 that was lost to a company that is highly suspected to be a scam.

I was astounded by the poor customer service of this company, and suspect this to be a company that applies scam tactics.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2016 12:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/travel2be/internet/travel2be-travelgenio-incorrect-itinerary-evasive-customer-service-unwillingness-to-re-1308600. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Customer service

AUTHOR: Travelgenio - (Spain)

POSTED: Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Good morning Whitney,

We feel sorry to read your report about our company and the customer service. We would like to know more about your case and, for that, we need to identify your booking. Please send us a mail to customer.service@travelgenio.com and we will check it and contact you back. Once the booking process is accepted with all the flights information and the customer confirmation, the system is not able to change dates or itineraries, that is why we would like to check your case in detail to find out what happened.

Thanks in advance

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair