X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: TRC - Irvine California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Boulder Colorado
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • TRC 2222 Michelson Suite 222-103 Irvine, California U.S.A.

TRC Cheated for label typing jobs from website typeathome.com Irvine California

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I was looking for a supplementary income while working as a freelancer at home. I came upon the website www.typeathome.com which describes the process of typing labels at home and what one should do. I signed up as a full-time typyist for $76.8 in anticipation of a good amount of part-time jobs (presumably about 10,000 labels or 20,000 labels to type), all of which needed to be sent back to the company. The payment is in the form of a check which will be sent along with the next assignment once the company has received your assignment.

After signing up with the registration fee, the website responded with emails giving me an access number to another website www.pdijobpostings.com with detailed information on the steps to get the first job. It has the first assignment called Ability Test of typing out 100 labels and sending back to the company, so that they can approve it and release it the rest of the assignment. I followed the instruction to the letter, putting money to buylabels, envelopes, stamps, and printer ink in order to produce the Ability Test, hopeful for a legitimate part time engagement which I thought should require some investment.

After sending the Ability Test to the company, I waited for about 2 weeks. A doubtful feeling started to overcome me and I wrote back to the company using all the email addresses they sent information with about the status of my Ability Test. However, all emails are bounced back with a failure notice. The typeathome.com website which is without any contact number but just an email address still pops up but the pdijobpostings.com is no longer the information page that let me access with a code after some time. It has changed to an entirely different website called "Financial Freedom". I have tried numerously times writing to the emails that is connected to this enterprise, but to no avail. By now I know that I have been taken.

I have been cheated of the registration fee and left with no recourse to get back my money. I have invested some 2-3 weeks of money, time and effort for a good part-time affiliation and am utterly disappointed. I have lost all trust on all forms of work through the net.

Kellly
Boulder, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2008 07:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/trc/irvine-california-92612/trc-cheated-for-label-typing-jobs-from-website-typeathomecom-irvine-california-353328. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair