Ripoff Report Needs Your Help!
X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Tribe Coliving Stolen - Brooklyn New York

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: wistfulevenings1980s — Brooklyn NY United States
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Tribe Coliving Stolen Brooklyn, New York United States

Tribe Coliving Stolen SCAM Tribe Coliving, Carboncopies, James Ingallinera, Scammed out of $1200 for NY living apartment Brooklyn New York

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I was booking an online apartment for a trip to New York. I clicked on the Tribe Coliving webpage after seeing Craigslist ads for housing so I could make the reservations. The reservations were made and my credit card went through and everything was fine. Next morning I recieved an e-mail from the company telling me the reservation was cancelled but not to worry because an employee could contact me. They told me that there was problem with the credit card and that it did not go thru. An employee later contacted me and told me to disregard the email message and that I could pay with him. The person in charge, James, told me to make a deposit via Western Union of $500.00 and he said that if we could pay the rent for the apartment that it would be better which was $1,200.00 so we send it via Western Union. the Next day James e-mail me and asked what time I planned to arrive. I sent him my expected arrival time. Then he asked when was I going to send the rest of the deposit. James said I had to pay $500.00 for each additional week that I was going to stay in the apartment as a deposit. This is when I got suspicious. I had already paid using Western Union. I called the number listed on the Tribe Coliving website and they told me it was not their fault and that I should have made the payment via their webpage. They only sent me that the reservation was cancelled. They told me they could not do anything for me but that I should sent them everything I had with James so they can research it. James Ingallinera is the boss of this operation. This crew of scammers needs to be held responsible. Be wary and do NOT go near this company.

I was booking an online apartment for our trip to New York. I clicked on the Airbnb webpage to make the reservations. The reservations were made and our credit card went through and everything was fine. Next morning I recieved an e-mail from the company telling me the reservation was cancelled but not to worry because the host could contact me. Airbnb told me that there was problem with the credit card and that it did not go thru. A host contacted me and told me to disregard the Airbnb message and that I could pay with him. The host Greg [redacted] told me to make a deposit via Western Union of $500.00 and he said that if we could pay the rent for the apartment that it would be better which was $785.00 so we send it via Western Union. the Next day Greg e-mail me and asked how many people were going to be staying in the apartment so I sent him the name. I sent the names of my family that were going to stay in the apartment. Then he asked when was I going to send the rest of the deposit. Greg said I had to pay $500.00 for each additional person that was going to stay in the apartment as a deposit. This is when I got suspicious. I called the Airbnb company and they told me it was not their fault and that I should have made the payment via their webpage. They only sent me that the reservation was cancelled. Airbnb. told me they could not do anything for me but that I should sent them everything I had with Greg [redacted] so they can research it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2018 11:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/tribe-coliving-stolen/brooklyn-new-york/tribe-coliving-stolen-scam-tribe-coliving-carboncopies-james-ingallinera-scammed-out-of-1456237. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair