X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: True.com - Irving Texas

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Portland Oregon
  • True.com 5215 N. O'Connor, Suite #1600 Irving, Texas U.S.A.

True.com ripoff, problems, no refund, charges to credit card, bad customer service Irving Texas

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
True.com offers a "free" trial service to check them out. If you call to cancel they talk you into staying with their service to really get a good feel.

They say they will send a confirmation email regarding your phone conversation, but you won't receive one. I wrote down the information I was given by the customer service rep. because I really did want to cancel. I didn't like the wink service because you don't really know if a person is interested. I told the CSR to turn that service off, but it was left on.

I called to cancel my "free" trail service that had been extended and was told that I was too late. They charged my credit card yesterday for $49.95 and they don't give refunds, sorry. They said my "free" trail service had ended the day before which was contrary to my notes. So now I have been charged $49.95 for one days service per their records.

I was told to send an email to their Management Department, but my email was never forwarded. I received a generic email explaining that they don't give refunds, but they would be happy to re-instate my membership for the time charged. The reason I canceled my membership was because I didn't want it, why would I re-instate something I didn't want. I didn't trust that they wouldn't charge my card again either.

Don't forget this company does not give refunds even if the card is charge incorrectly. How can a company that quotes "They are here to clean-up online dating" not even run a clean business themselves? Surely mistakes have happend, but they don't offer refunds to their customers? How can you truly trust a company with such poor customer service?

Kristine
Portland, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2006 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/truecom/irving-texas-75039/truecom-ripoff-problems-no-refund-charges-to-credit-card-bad-customer-service-irving-204514. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair