X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: TXU Energy - Dallas Texas

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: houston Texas
  • TXU Energy P.O. Box 660161 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

TXU Energy Ripoff Charged me 77000 dollars for 3 months of electricity at an apt Dallas Texas

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I signed up for TXU service in 6/2007. I moved to a new apt. complex. In 8/2007 I began to receive 2 bills for the account. One was for 200.00, the other for 305 dollars. I was told by customer service representatives that one account (we'll call it B) was made in error. Acct B was actually estimating my meter readings not looking at my actual readings. I was told acct b would be canceled and prior payments to acct B would be transferred to Acct. A.

9/11/2007 rolls around and I receive a bill for 400 dollars for 1 month for a 1500 square foot apt. I called the customer service agent who told me that no money from acct B had been transferred and in fact both acct A and Acct B were still active. Acct A had me due for 400 dollars. Acct B had me due for 77000! The agent actually laughed as he read this figure. He assured me that this could not be right. he realized that it would be impossible for an individual aprtment to utilize that much electricity in 2 months.

However, he said that he could not cancel that account because it was still under investigation. he did admit that 2 accounts were made in my name erroneously. He did admit that one account was actually charging me the meter for the entire apartment complex rather than one apartment unit. However, nothing could be done at this time.

In the meantime, I have debt in 77000 dollars in my name because of TXU's mistake which they admit to but are powerless to fix.

I have filed a complaint with the public utility commision. I have filed a written letter to the company with a billing dispute. If I do not have this issue addressed in 1 month I will seek legal action against the company. Any advice would be appreciated.

Tleaf001
houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2007 01:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/txu-energy/dallas-texas-75266/txu-energy-ripoff-charged-me-77000-dollars-for-3-months-of-electricity-at-an-apt-dallas-te-273929. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair