Ripoff Report Needs Your Help!
X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: UberUS_A - San Francisco California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Ashley — Miamisburg Ohio United States
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

On January 09,2018, I checked my bank account and noticed a charge for 40.00 from Uber_A. This is the second time the company has charged my account. The first charged occured back in October 2017 for 20.00. I contacted my bank in October for the first charge and received a new card and account.

Well apparently, the individual who has stolen my card information saved the previous card number on file with Uber. So when Uber went to charge the card, they were unable to because all my information was changed to a new account. Uber then contacted mastercard to retrieve my new card number so the charges would be paid for.

I don't use Uber. Never have and hopefully never will. I don't let NO ONE use my bank cards or credit cards. Not family nor friends. You can't trust NO ONE at all financially. So once again I had to contact my bank for another Uber charge. The company really needs to get to the bottom of this and start asking for ID with debit/credit card upon payment just to verify that they are that person. I'm really pissed off that people can steal your information and use it. Doesn't this company have security practices? Next I'm involving a lawyer and FBI.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2018 08:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/uberusa/san-francisco-california-94103/uberusa-fradulently-charging-bank-account-san-francisco-california-1422301. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair