X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: UHAUL - Bloomington Illinois

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Normal Illinois
  • UHAUL 1206 N Main St Bloomington, Illinois U.S.A.

U-Haul is not only shady with costumers but they are also shady with employees. If an employee refuses to do anything that is questionable morally and legally they will look for reasons to fire them. U-Haul only cares about profit and the managers are shady.

It can't be proven but if I was anyone I would not buy propane from U-Haul on Main St; they might over charge you. In addition they have had a lot of employees steal so I am sure the cost goes to the consumer, isn't that how it always goes. The boss is shady too and takes part in shady work practices.

Catherine
Normal, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2005 10:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/uhaul/bloomington-illinois-61761/uhaul-ripoff-bloomington-illinois-138351. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
5Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

UHAUL ripoff Bloomington Illinois..

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Friday, December 29, 2006
I worked for the U-Haul on Main St. in Bloomington while I was in college back in the mid-80's... and in all honesty I don't know if the Bloomington U-Haul is owned by the same guy anymore or not... Nevertheless, the person I was working for then was shady snake and a flat out scumbag.

At the time he hired me, he agreed to pay me a couple bucks over minimum wage... I started work on time and continued to show up how I was on the schedule... Then the first payday came and went and I did not receive a paycheck... The second payday came and went and I did not have a paycheck... I think I was coming up on 4 - 5 weeks without a paycheck (The whole time the owner was being a d**k) when a woman from the regional/corp payroll dept. called, I was the only one there so I took the opportunity to ask what was going on with my paycheck. She said she was aware of the problem and trying to work out the problem. When my boss found out I had talked to corp. about the status of my check he freaked out and threw a hissy fit my way.

After 6 7 weeks I finally figured out this piece of crap was just scamming me out of free work, and I eventually got tired of it. Paydays were Saturdays if I am not mistaken, and I called before I was scheduled to work to see if my check was in or not. The owner of the U-Haul only badgered me about coming into work, and when he realized I was not coming in unless there was a check waiting for me, he told me I did not have a check and fired me.

I figured out who the Illinois Office of Hours & Wages was and called them. They were able to pressure this scumbag into paying me, but I discovered that since I did not have a written agreement on how much he was paying me, I only received minimum wage.

He even tried to get around giving me my check when it finally made it in. At some point in time, he had given me a shitty little $10 loan for gas money to make it into his piss ant job. When I went to go pick up my check, he asked if I had his $10, and when I told him "no", he refused to give me my check. When I argued with him to give me my check, he called the cops on me. I am sure he figured out that if the cops got there and found out why I would not leave, they would have just told him to give me my check, so he grudgingly gave me my check before the cops arrived.

To my credit, I cashed the check, and went back and gave him his measly $10 But this guys was a complete nightmare to deal with. If the same guy does own the Bloomington U-Haul from the mid-80's, I'd say avoid this guy only because he's a piece of s**t, but I'm sure that U-Haul is probably the only game in town.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I here that My own MCO would not retroactive pay me even with the proof of past check stubs

POSTED: Thursday, June 16, 2005
I got hired at a store in belmont ca. I was getting paid 8.25 there. I got transferred to the sunnyvale ca. location, and worked there for 4 months afterward. Being that I was only 16 yrs old I didnt do the math to see if they changed my rate of pay. I discoved by accident that they changed my pay to 7.25 on the transfer. My own MCO would not retroactive pay me even with the proof of past check stubs, some company eh?

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds