X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Ultimate Fitness, Hudson, Wisconsin - Hudson Wisconsin

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Somerset Wisconsin
  • Ultimate Fitness, Hudson, Wisconsin 1640 Livingstone Rd, Hudson, Wisconsin U.S.A.

Ultimate Fitness, Hudson, Wisconsin Very Poor Customer Relations, Unwilling to make Long Term Customer Relations Ripoff Hudson Wisconsin

*Consumer Comment: Well Dan

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I became a member of Ultimate Fitness Gym back in Jan of 2006. I went into the club and received info on the membership packages and once I decided which package to buy into, instead of paying a month to month charge. I decide to pay the full price up front in 2 payments. Nothing to worry about, nothing hanging over my head.

I had bought this plan for myself and 2 employees and after about 2 months it became apparent that since I run my own business and sometimes put in 14-15 hr days, I could not get to the gym to work out, my employees were more the outdoor types as well, so I asked that my membership be put on HOLD, they agreed and susupended my service. My staff has changed and the new staff wasn't interested. I tried to go back, but again w/the time I put into my business I just cannot get away long enough and the drive is too far away.

I had asked for a partial refund, since in the years time, though I tried to make it work, I only used about 2 months time at this club. I had only asked for a 50% refund and they flat out refused. They never put my membership on hold like that said they were going to, they kept it active. It had since expired. They tried to tell me they gave me a 6 month extension, but what part of having a membership on HOLD did they fail to recognize? All of it as it turned out.

Though the facility is nice and quaint, I'll give it that much, the policies they run the club with leave alot to be desired ! I would not reccommend any more than a month to month if any others do use this place. IF YOU PAY IN ADVANCE AND LIFE CHANGES for any reason. You won't get your money back ! The bookeeper I spoke to was extremely rude and told me I had a terrible attitude as well, making me feel like the scum of the earth w/her poor attitude. Though the owner did call me back later on, we still could not come to any terms and she still decided to keep my money stating other clubs do it also. When I reitterated back, if she hired my company to do a job and we showed up late for the service, she'd want some sort of reparation, she said the analogy isn't the same. I don't know what part of customer service she doesn't understand, but the customer is always right. It costs more to silence an upset customer, then to have them go away in the first place. I personally would not recommend doing business w/this club after thinking about it unless you pay as you go and keep it short term! They have alot to learn about customer support and satisfaction.

Dan
Somerset, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2007 04:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ultimate-fitness-hudson-wisconsin/hudson-wisconsin-54016/ultimate-fitness-hudson-wisconsin-very-poor-customer-relations-unwilling-to-make-long-t-235147. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Well Dan

AUTHOR: Eric - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Saturday, January 05, 2008
These guys seem to have been MORE than fair to you if it took you 2 years to go through with this. The lack of communication is on you to tell them in a timely manner to cancel the account. Also, you stated you didn't have time to drive to Hudson and that is not their fault. You made a financial mistake of overpaying before you discovered the burden. Maybe next time you'll try a month to month membership?

I have been a member of this place for 2 years and have never had a problem with them accommodating me whenever possible. Heck, I once got a 10% refund on my membership fee just because I paid on time and that is not something they do for everyone. The employees of this place are a class act.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair