Complaint Review: Unique USA, Inc. d/b/a Midwestern Van Lines - Miami Florida

• Unique USA, Inc. d/b/a Midwestern Van Lines
    352 NE 191st St
    Miami, Florida
    United States

Unique USA, Inc. d/b/a Midwestern Van Lines Sam Stone Lied to get the sale; bait and switch; ended up tripling the quote and not completing the job Miami Florida

Lies started with Sam Stone in the sales dept.; I made all arrangements for every charge to be on the credit card, not dealing with thousands of dollars cash; that was supposed to be set; also chose Saturday for move day, so on Thursday, they call and tell me it has to be Friday; drivers to give me 2 hour notice - they showed up at my door with a 40 minute advance; sent 3 drugged up thugs to move my stuff out of my apt. and these 3 stooges thugs added on to the cost of my move by unpacking my boxes and repacking into their own boxes - said it would be easier, but actually they charge for labor, boxes, and packing material (ca-ching!); they refused to take a lot of my stuff; they were doing things that I could not keep track of because there were 3 of them all amped up and I was trying to deal with my own moving tasks; I called Sam to tell him it was very upsetting - of course he wasn't around and didn't return my voice mail messages; they were all over the place and I had no control of the situation and they ended up adding on to my cost and their objective was to go as fast and chaotic as possible to make my head spin and I wouldn't be able to keep up. One guy in charge of paperwork kept revising the paperwork and had me initial, sign, and date several pieces of paper about 6 revisions of the contract; turns out, he was "counting" the boxes and making tally marks when I had already given them a total count of small, med, large, X-lg boxes and totes, but as they were ripping into things, that all changed.  Plus he talked so fast, everytime he said something I had to ask him to repeat, twice!  I had to give him my credit card ad charge almost $2000, after my initial deposit of $1800. The entire quote was less than $2000, which basically was my budget and the only reason I signed on with this company.

Then, on delivery arrangements, I wanted everything on the same credit card; already gave credit card auth and pictures of front and back of card but on the day of delivery, I would have to cash to the driver; the day before, Adrianna in billing informed me no credit cards, cash only; spent hours on the phone trying to get ahold of Sam, he said the driver will have a credit card auth with him for me to fill out and that was no true; then the driver called me the day before about delivering and told me he will not deliver to my door because his semi can't make it onto my property and it will cost an extra $500 for door-to-door delivery; I ended up meeting semi truck driver with my own U-Haul; he wouldn't unlock the semi truck until I handed over $1708 in cash; I ran to the credit union and was visibly upset; the women at the credit union told me to call the local police - do not deal in cash, sounds like a scam; driver called me while I was at the credit union - he was too aggressive about the cash; told me he would only wait 15 minutes and then leave and ito return the next day, another $300 for every day they "hold" my stuff; I did call the police and officer came to make sure I was ok; told him the story; he waited while the semi truck delivery man and I put everything into my U Haul and made sure I got everything; then I left alone drove home and unpacked my U Haul with all the extra boxes that the original crew packed all half-a*s backwards.

Scammers. Look at the Yelp reviews and we all same the same thing. Plus, Sam the sales guy is in CO, the 3 movers came in a plain unmarked box truck, no company logo but same told me that everyone who I will encounter during my move will be a Midwestern employee, and that was false.

Everything Sam told me was a lie to get the sale, then conveniently unavailable when needed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2018 10:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/unique-usa-inc-dba-midwestern-van-lines/miami-florida-33179/unique-usa-inc-dba-midwestern-van-lines-sam-stone-lied-to-get-the-sale-bait-and-swit-1447214. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content