Complaint Review: University Of Phoenix

• Updated: Thu, January 17, 2008
  • Reported By: Thomaston Maine
  • University Of Phoenix

University of Phoenix Ripoff Phoenix Nationwide

I was reading other reports and decided to add my take on UOP. I was taking classes at the University of Phoenix and completed 1/2 of my Master's degree. My company was picking up the tab if I got a B or better in each class, where I had a 3.92 GPA.

In the fall I was enrolled in Operations of Business Management. The first week we we had to write a report. Anyway, on one sentence in my report I forgot to cite the source with quotes, by accident, as as evidenced by citing the same source six other times throughout the report. The professor then took over a week and a half to hand them back and mine was marked with a 0 for my oversight. After a few e-mails back and forth with the professor(who was a real a*s), and figuring there was no way we were going to work out our differences. I then told my guidance counselor about the situation and she said I could drop it and get a different professor. What she didn't tell me was that I would have to pay for the whole class in full, which they stated was a recent policy change, and pay again to retake it. The problem is that my employer was paying and not going to pay for a dropped class.

I have tried on several occassions to contact someone within their offices to discuss this situation with no response other than you owe 1900 dollars. Unfortunately, it shows on your credit report and there is nothing you can do to change it unless you pay them, which I had to when I refinanced my home.

I would advise anyone, I have to several people who have asked, to stay away as you are only a $$$$$ and not a real person. I had four guidance counselors in a little over a year and half which demonstrates what people mean to them, even their own employees. Absolutely nothing.

Thomaston, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2008 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content