X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: University Of Phoenix - Wichita Kansas

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Wichita Kansas
  • Author Not Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • University Of Phoenix 3020 N. Cypress Drive Wichita, Kansas U.S.A.

University of Phoenix is a money hungry company! Rip-off! Wichita Kansas

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

University of Phoenix is nothing more then a money hungry cooperation, not a place for higher education! I did my first class and was really disappointed. The class is based off of a group learning concept, which I thought was fine at the time. Well as the weeks progressed my group didn't. Two dropped out and the rest were working too much, one had a death in the family so my group wasn't doing to well. So after doing the majority of the personal and group work I thought I would be getting a decent grade.

I did my final "group" project solo and did a lot of work on it. To find out I get my grade and they gave me a barely above passing "C"! I called my instructor and explained my frustration, she told me that she appreciated the extra work I did however, their grading system is based off of group work and I did not have a group. I said that it was not my fault and I was again told that it doesn't matter, it's all about the group completing projects and I didn't have that so I was penalized for it.

SO then, all along I had been battling with the finacial aid dept. and they had been loosing and screwing everything up. I had to send them my tax information 3 times before they got it right! Then when I thought everything was good I get a letter in the mail saying that I had went over my grace period for finacial aid and would now be liable for the sum of the one class. So I called the local campus and to my shock, the local campus had no idea about the letter!!

So now we have two different things going on with the same university. I was told that it will be worked out and that they would get me in the next class available. So after a few weeks of not hearing anything I get another letter in the mail. This time a bill for the full amount of the class I took! I called the local campus again and was told she would get to the bottom of it and call me back.

After about a week she called back and said that her manager had refered my account to the cooperate collections office in Phoenix!! I explained that my work would pay me for the class but it takes 6-8 weeks to get anything. So I finally have my check from the company and going to pay them off, but I would caution anyone looking into this "university." They can't keep their story straight and keep "loosing" important documents. They don't give you the chance to correctly pay your bill, instead a manager will send the account to collections without telling anyone.

Wichita, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2004 12:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/university-of-phoenix/wichita-kansas/university-of-phoenix-is-a-money-hungry-company-rip-off-wichita-kansas-91672. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair