X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: eclypes — New Jersey USA
  • US XPRESS Nationwide USA

US XPRESS US expressUSXUSXPRESSUS EXPRESS Terrible company to work for. Chantenooga Nationwide

Now hiring Company Driver, Student Driver, Team Driver, Lease Owner Operator, US Xpress

Beware Do not Put yourself through this!!!Beware Do not Put yourself through this!!!Beware Do not Put yourself through this!!!

Let me start this report off by sharing that when someone joins a truck driving company there are a few things that are expected when you join US Xpress

1. you get treated in a humane manner

2. your personal posessions are yours and your only

3. when you are assigned a vehicle and take your days off your items are not stolen by company and employees

4.when you drive out for more then a 45 days you dont get yelled at for taking home time

5.you don't have to deal with Fleet Managers that are cocky rude or bitchy aka "Pam Curry" when you are new and just have to be told items that you don't yet know or are unfamiliar with in a a reasonable manner.

6. Not going to rant and rave just want to edjucate others on how bad this experiance was.

A quick synapsys about myself i have been in business ownership and management for over 15 years and decided to give truck driving a chance the idea of driving state to state apealed to me to see the country.

So after revieving the criteria and pay for starting companies i chose the latter at the at time which was us xpress.

Normally when i start a new career I give it a year to decide if  a company I want to stay with is worth it. USX started out as just another truck driving company alot of high promisses with pay and home time but the ladder is to be observed the promiss 24 cpm as a team driver and 20cpm per monthly milage bonus for driving X said miles as a team.

Well if you don't have a team partner at the gate with this company that has hazmat you then loose out on this bonus. so there goes 40 percent of your actual earnings they report you will make. And USX does not have a pool of hazmat drivers there drivers mostof who i spoke with of why they choose not to get it they say they dont want the liability. So no match for team drivers with hazmat.

Fir of all: Basic HR company payroll management for new 4 cpm 30/45 days out bonus 30 solo 45 team. This is a trick bag program they have recently set up to get your money. How this works is that as a team driver driver fall off with this company is around 2-3 months then they get burned out driving team as a new driver been through alot of co-drivers

If you drive for the 45 days team and then stay out longer and your driver decides to go solo you are now solo which they will reasign you a solo driver and drop your bonus 25 percent to save money.

Secondly: this company last year just had a class action law suite which they had to pay  all there new driver student graduates under the federal minimum wage standard now how you suppose to live off that. minimum wage is already super low and to pay bills car payment mortgage ect is impossible.

Thirdly new company policy a change from the old 'one a driver when seated in a vehicle can take time off for a time amounting 5 days if it is longer then the 5 days out then the company can unseat the driver out of the vehicle, this is no longer the poklicy USX at anytime can remove you from the truck good standings or not and then your personal posessions are now at the whim of the company or the trust of the codriver they asigned you too.

I was a victom of this policy this last month when coming home to take days off i have earned as a driver co driver decides he wants a carreer change USX or he doen not inform me of this untill after they do this. Removing clothis bedding cb refigerator electronics and prescibed glasses gps ect. All now gone and no one is liable. Shame on you US Xpress people come to work for you in trust to have moral and truct putting there lives on the line to help your business grow and be successful to build themselves and you up as a company to be treated in this manner is appauling and shameful

Also In the year i drove for them I have had to put up with drunks, drivers carrying hand guns, domestic problems, and one terrible fleet manager that made calling into the center and asking a simple question like " can you send me the pu number for the load or aka appoinmtnt number thats when one of usx 's famouse fleet maangers gets on the line rude as can be daily terrible customer service and support its her way or the highway.

This company has a data base it uses for its fleet maangers and it tells them how many hours said drivers have on there clock so imagine my surprise being yelled at for not having the hours anymore to drive a load  thaat they preasign me after not being able to understand simple elementary mathmatics.

So the choice is always yours when applying for a company, So if you wan tto work for USX "US Xpress" "Company Driver" "Team Driver""student Driver" programs ask yourself this.

Can I afforsd not to have 50 percent of they pay they promissed when looking at the bottom end.

Do I want to work with alchoholics and poeople who abuse drugs and bring guns to the workplace

Do I want to have bad management run me and be rude and inconciderate on my own personal time i have earned or just plain rude over the phone behavior for no said apparent reason

Do I want to put mu belongings in jepordy now remember this is about 45 days worth of clothing food entertainment glasses medical electronics ect to live like camping over the road

Do I want to be yelled at for taking home time

Do I want to be told that I cant do nothing on my own personal time Over the road No site seing on off time.

And the most unhumane of them all do I want to drive in over 100 degreese weather with an animal on board and be told you are not allowed to use the AC on the vehicle to save Gas cause this company is too cheap to install APU's

If you answer yeas to any of these questions you may have to get head examined there are alot of companies out there i have not personally worked for them Ony this one.

This experiance with USX thank god has left me feeling optimistic about a new carreer a;ll together so thank them for that. NOw i believe the owner of this company can turrn this around but he has to seriouly take a look at his rules he is setting to keep his good drivers from leaving this company from my experiance is a turn and burn company for drivers pay is low even though they promiss the moon, and the living arrangements and the prison system they have installed oin there yards the do not leave policy is crap when you pull in. some of us do not like to be stranded out in the town for 6-8 hours just for simple dinner.

I wish everyone who reads this report good luck in your job search I hope this report comes off as an edjucfational step to saving you hardship and pain as it did me. Good luck and God bless.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2015 12:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/us-xpress/nationwide/us-xpress-us-expressusxusxpressus-express-terrible-company-to-work-for-chantenooga-natio-1218515. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content