X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Verizon FIOS - Dallas Texas

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: long beach California
  • Verizon FIOS 9999 Technology Blvd Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Verizon FIOS Verizon FIOS - Lawers please contact me ASAP!!! Dallas Texas

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I had a FIOS account with Verizon in 2007. I was talked into getting this fantastic service by some Verizon sales people that knocked on my door. (If you ever come across one of those, run the other way!!) However, I was so unsatisfied with their service that I wanted to cancel the whole thing within days. One would think that would be a pretty simple thing to do (especially since their contract stipulates that it is ok to cancel within the first 30 days) but it was not.

After spending countless hours navigating their messy phone system, and talking to several supervisors, I was finally able to reach someone with the authority to cancel my service. The process took three weeks and I had even consulted an attorney on how to proceed as I felt that my request to cancel was ignored. At that point, I was beyond frustrated dealing with Verizon, and in the spirit of customer service, Verizon offered to send a representative to pick up the two boxes that they installed at my door. I sighed and thought the saga was over

Now, at least a year after that, I receive a collection letter claiming that I owe $2,358.96! Note: This is the first time I hear about this n over a year. I have received ZERO correspondence from Verizon regarding this debt. I am speechless!!

I called Verizon yesterday, and after 1.5 hours of being transferred back and forth, and being put on hold and talked to rudely, I finally reached a Verizon representative who was able to inform me that I was being billed for six systems and two DVR's. I own one regular TV and my son has a mini TV to play games on. My place is not even big enough to fit six TV systems (well maybe if I put a couple of them in the shower and one next to the stove in the kitchen)!!

I have excellent credit and I will not allow Verizon to ruin it. I am going to sue Verizon for the amount plus punitive and compensatory damages. Ane one else who has been ripped off by Verizon FIOS and wants to join??? Please contact me asap!

Anna
long beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2008 10:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/verizon-fios/dallas-texas-75220/verizon-fios-verizon-fios-lawers-please-contact-me-asap-dallas-texas-367039. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair