X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Verizon Wireless - Beaverton Oregon

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: HILLSBORO Oregon
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Verizon Wireless 18021 NW Evergreen Pkwy Beaverton, Oregon U.S.A.

Verizon Wireless Punishes a Customer for Switching Carriers Beaverton Oregon

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I have been a customer with Verizon Wireless since 2002 and have always paid my bill on time and also PAID AHEAD for the next billing cycle. After additional charges (Taxes etc.) my $65.00 bill is approximately $84.00 on a typical month. I paid $90.00 against this bill and because of this I end with a balance forward in my favor. I "ported out" my number to AT&T on February 27th because AT&T offered services not available through Verizon (namely the iPhone). I spoke with Jason, the manager of the Verizon store who assured me a portion of my balance forward would be refunded and included into the next bill from Verizon.

I spoke again with Jason on March 31 about this matter and received conflicting stories from others at that Verizon location. I heard form one that I was billed TWICE in February. I heard from another that I had a balance forward of $75.00 that Verizon applied to that second bill for February covering a time period when I was no longer a customer of Verizon Wireless. I was paying for services that were not rendered. My account with Verizon Wireless was de-activated and I was still paying for service. Jason the Manager told me that this is standard practice and that when you "port-out" though another company you are charged for an entire month. This story only came out after three trips to the Verizon Wireless location spending no less than 90 minutes per visit waiting and arguing with staff. They argued with me in front of other customers making them visibly nervous.

Verizon Wireless took my money and walked away with it, a customer who paid on time and paid ahead. A customer that convinced other family members to switch to Verizon Wireless years ago. Verizon Wireless punished me for switching to AT&T. I am not the only one to have problems with their billing. Here are some facts I gathered from the Better Business Bureau comparing Verizon and AT&T:

Verizon : BBB processed a total of 13959 complaints about this company in the last 36 months - 8570 regarding Billing or Collection Issues

AT&T : BBB processed a total of 456 complaints about this company in the last 36 months - 263 regarding Billing or Collection Issues

I'm betting that I will be treated more fairly by AT&T.

Anthony
HILLSBORO, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2009 09:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/verizon-wireless/beaverton-oregon-97124/verizon-wireless-punishes-a-customer-for-switching-carriers-beaverton-oregon-439807. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Read your agreement

AUTHOR: Bikebryan - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, April 02, 2009

This is quoted directly from the the terms and conditions you agreed to when you started using the Verizon Wireless service:

You'll remain responsible for all fees and charges incurred until then and won't be entitled to any partialmonth credits or refunds

So why are you surprised when Verizon held you up to what you agreed to? This is not a valid BBB billing complaint. This is YOUR failure, not your service provider's. Learn how to read.

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair