X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Verizon Wireless - Duluth Georgia

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Atlanta Georgia
  • Verizon Wireless www.verizonwireless.com Duluth, Georgia U.S.A.

Verizon Wireless Selling services that are not available Duluth Georgia

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I would like to briefly share my recent experience with Verizon...

I signed up for the Verizon Wireless National Access and Broadband Access Unlimited (Plan #53023) on May 13, 2004. I personally visited a corporate store in Atlanta to discuss my needs, being very clear to share with Verizon that I had wireless internet service for my laptop with EarthLink and was dissatisfied with the product for two reasons: (1) service was too slow, and (2) EarthLink as an organization was unprepared to provide support of the product. Since I require heavy use of internet and am frequently outside of my office but still inside the Metro-Atlanta area, I was looking for a better, faster solution in this location. I told Verizon that I had heard of a "new" Verizon wireless service for my laptop that offered "DSL speed".

Verizon "sold" me the National Access and Broadband Access Unlimited (#53023) product. I was informed by the Verizon representative that when I traveled outside Atlanta, I would be using the National Access service (40-60 Kbps) otherwise I would be getting Broadband Access speeds (300-500 Kbps) as long as there was a wireless signal. I have just learned that there is no Broadband Access in Atlanta only in Washington, D.C. and San Diego, CA! I was sold a product by Verizon that it can not offer to me at this time. I could have retained the EarthLink service that I already had established and at a much lower price!

I am really disappointed with Verizon. Perhaps it is a training issue within the Verizon organization but as a consumer and customer, what can I expect to believe from this organization? Verizon's internal problems should not impact the customer. Selling a service that can not be delivered to that customer is not ethical. (By the way, I had an associate go into a corporate store and they reported the exact same experience!!) I have yet received a response from Verizon Customer Service on my recent email to them. I would like to see Verizon do something other than send the "typical" email replacement of the old form letter. Actions speak much louder than words. I have not been able to find contact information for the Executive Leadership Team... I guess they do not want to hear from their customers.

I am taking the time to share team my experience wit other consumers. There is a rapidly changing climate and I predict that companies who have become large and lost touch with "individual experiences" will soon start seeing the impact of such arrogance and irresponsibility.

J
Atlanta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2004 07:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/verizon-wireless/duluth-georgia/verizon-wireless-selling-services-that-are-not-available-duluth-georgia-91882. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair