X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Verizon/Aetna - Port Jefferson Station New York

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: mastic New York
  • Verizon/Aetna 1046 RT.112 Port Jefferson Station, New York U.S.A.
  • Phone: 631-624-2407
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

Verizon/Aetna cheated employees and screwed the customers even more Port Jefferson Station New York

*Consumer Comment: It has happened to me too!

I have worked for Verizon for 26 years and paid union dues for 26 years.

I left on disability which entitles me to 52 weeks of pay. This is a self funded contractual benefit.

The union will not help me because I am no longer on payroll. I have written letters to every gov. agency that I could find, to no avail. They all tell me that it is some other agencies jurisdition until I end up right back were I started.

They paid me for 11 weeks and then decided that I am not disabled. Social Securiy Disability has deemed me disabled, but Aetna whom I have never seen or been seen by and they are not my HMO has said that I am not disabled.

I know that this is company wide, I know that Verizon and Aetna do this to hundreds of people and nobody does anything about it. They owe me alone thirty thousand dollars.

Nancy
Mastic, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2002 07:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/verizonaetna/port-jefferson-station-new-york-11776/verizonaetna-cheated-employees-and-screwed-the-customers-even-more-port-jefferson-station-38702. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

It has happened to me too!

AUTHOR: K - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, February 25, 2003
I have MS. I constructed my own report against Aetna in this website. Aetna denied my claim based on policy language they claimed existed & does not. I retained an attorney & filed suit before my benefits were reinstated. Not cheap - but less than what I was loosing in benefits Aetna owed!I am STILL having problems with Aetna & believe they intend to wear me down. (they won't) Please contact me if you would consider a class action lawsuit.

You should know Aetna is protected by ERISA as the plan is employer sponsered. They will use this to their full advantage. Keep a record of everything they say. Get 1st and last names of everyone!