X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Vito's Italian Cafe - Jacksonville Florida

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Jacksonville Florida
  • Vito's Italian Cafe 2 Independent Drive #174 Jacksonville, Florida U.S.A.

Vito's Italian Cafe Fired for Religion - Plus two weeks before Christmas Jacksonville Florida

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
When I started, I began reviewing all of their contracts, suppliers, vendors, etc. I lowered their overall expenses probably by 30% within the first 2 months. I came in to late bills, bad accounts, bad employees (Some), "Dirty" environment, health violations, poor hygiene (Some Employees), poor management from owners, rat problem, etc.

My second week was the Fl/GA game day. This was HORRIBLE! The owner "George" told me to place signs outside saying our beer was $4. I did this. Then he came outside, in front of 4000 people, and yelled at me telling me what the hell was I doing? Riped the signs off (he told me to make) then proceeded inside yelling at everyone else. I had customers coming up to me asking if I wanted them to call security!

So. No the less. I thought, well maybe he was stressed. I blew it off and continued to do the job I was hired for.

After the Christmas lighting and boat parade, he asked me into my office. And then told me that I needed to work Sundays also. But I was already working 6 days a week. Sundays was agreed upon because of my religion. I attend Church each and every Sunday. Had always done so. I then reminded him of our agreement in the beginning. He said "I don't F-en care. If you can work it then I don't need you!"

So, I got my things and left Applied for unemployment. And was approved! The thing is, In my unemployment, I wrote the same layoff letter that I placed here!

The bad thing is that I am a single mother. So my son got nothing but a few dollar store items for Christmas! Thanks Vitos! Thanks George!

Mary
Jacksonville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2008 11:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/vitos-italian-cafe/jacksonville-florida-32202/vitos-italian-cafe-fired-for-religion-plus-two-weeks-before-christmas-jacksonville-flor-297503. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair