X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Volvo of Edison - Edison New Jersey

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: stantheman20 — Edison New Jersey USA
  • Author Not Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I came in here recently to purchase a used car, and they tried every rip off technique in the book.

First, I know what I'm buying, and what they have it listed online for.  And I know how to figure out a car payment.  They came to me with a payment that included thousands of dollars in aftermarket "protection" products that I didn't ask for, and that I didn't want.  Highly illegal.

After I told them that I wasn't interested in buying any of that stuff, then we got started with the financing.  I told them I already had a loan arranged through my own bank, and they told me they could beat the rate.  I only gave them permission to send the loan to one bank.  They submitted my application to 8 banks, and then told me that they could beat the rate, but only if I bought their "protection" products, which I flat out refused.  Again, highly illegal.

Finally, when they brought out the purchase order for me to look over, the price suddenly jumped by almost $1,000.  When I asked why, they said there was a "prep fee" that had to be taken into consideration.  No where on their paperwork does it list a prep fee, it was just added in.  Incredibly illegal, especially in light of the fact that I'm African-American, and they probably thought they could just pull one over on me because I was just another "dumb customer".  I got up and left, no way I'm going to buy a car from a place like this.

This is a shady business that will try to rip you off any way that they can.  Stay away from them, go buy your car from a reputable dealer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2017 10:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/volvo-of-edison/edison-new-jersey-08810/volvo-of-edison-beware-of-ripoff-fees-and-product-packing-edison-new-jersey-1398110. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Stan The Man PLEASE READ

AUTHOR: the mechanic - (USA)

POSTED: Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Stan please touch base with the sales manager and have the sales manager contact Rip Off Report to speak with the automotive advocate.   I really believe that the automotive advocate and Rip Off Report can definitely help you in the dealership put a deal together.

He likes helping turn negative situations into positive situations he has a very unique ability to do that.   Please do yourself a big favor contact the business development manager at this dealership and ask them to contact Rip Off Report and speak with the automotive car by her advocate.  Trust me you and the dealership both will love the outcome..

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair