X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Vonage - Internet

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: island pond Vermont
  • Vonage www.vonage.com Internet U.S.A.

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I signed up for Vonage and was happy for a few months. Then the problems began. Whenever I tried to make a long distance call, I just got a busy signal. this lasted for several days. I called the company from work, and after many buttons and long holds while loud rock music played in my ear, I got assistance from a heavily accented and barely intelligible woman who insisted that I callf rom home so that she could direct me with theprocedure that would "correct the problem." She seemed unable to understand that my phone would not work at home,a nd that was ehy I was calling! Finally after several tries she gave me directions to unplug this and that and wait and then hook them all back up. I called home and my husband did as she asked, with no success. I called back. A heavily accented man came on after more long holds. He dissappeared for a while and told me the problem was fixed. So I called home to find that the problem was not fixed. So I called the company back and after more long holds I was hooked up to another difficult communicator who dissappeared to find someone who could help me. Very long holds, and phantom person never comes on the line. Finally I hung up and researched another long distance carrier. I called Vonage back to tell them that I was going to discontinue my "service" and explained why. I got an english speaking woman who was very accomodating except for the very long holds that were required to cancel my service. When she came on for the final time, she sweetly informed me that I was now disconected andit would cost 41.00 plus change. Of course I started screaming at her tha tthey were charging me to disconnect after offering such poor service! I asked to speak with her supervisor and she told me that she had none. I asked to speak to anothe remployee, and she told me that no one else would. My daughter had a similar problem except that she couldn't get calls in...ever. Each caller got a message saying the call was being forwarded to voice mail, which my daughter did not have. When she called Vonage they informed her tht she was not signed up to vonage, but the maessage indicated vonage! They charged her more than 40.00 to disconnect what they claimed she did not have! Don't use vonage!

Gayle
Island Pond, Vermont

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2006 03:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/vonage/internet/vonage-offers-nothing-but-horrible-service-has-crooked-policies-and-an-unfair-disconnect-180809. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
5Consumer
0Employee/Owner

VOIP IS ONLY AS GOOD AS YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION...

AUTHOR: Sherri - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Wednesday, March 15, 2006
If your broadband tends to rug sluggishly, then Vonage is probably not going to work well for you. I have had them almost two years with only minimal problems and that is when Comcast was doing some line work in our area. I can't comment on their Customer Service..never had a need to call them.

POSTED: Wednesday, March 15, 2006
I've been a happy vonage user for about two years. I've moved it from one state to another with absolutely no problems. I feel the quality of the sound is excellent and they save me lots of money. Users who have poor broadband service might expect to have issues though. I had service through BellSouth DSL as well as Comcast. Both worked equally well.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair