X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Wachovia Bank - Nationwide

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Aldan Pennsylvania
  • Wachovia Bank Corporate HQ Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-Wachovia

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
Once again Wachovia rears it's ugly head of Overdraft and Unavailable Funds Charges by Double charging and placing holds on charges until the funds are unavailable.

I currently show 2 charges of $70 ($35 for each item) but i only show 2 items that have been paid causing these charges. I called 800Wachovia and got the usual run-around (Let me look at your account so I can make something up to explain why you have been charged twice for something that should have only had one charge). After getting nowhere with the first company drone I asked to speak with a manager and was transfered to another Customer service specialist who started off with Let me review the account ........... and so it went the same as with the first drone.

I ended the conversation by telling the specialist to look at all my accounts and have cash available for me by the end of business today when i will be in to close my accounts (I have 4 accounts with this .....this....BANK...for lack of a better word that would not offend too many people.

If anyone is starting a class action suit please place me as one of the complaintants on this suit. I would really like to be one of the reasons that Wachovia finally gets reaps what it sows.

Patrick
Aldan, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2008 10:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/wachovia-bank/nationwide/wachovia-bank-unavailable-funds-overdraft-charges-ripoff-this-is-what-keeps-wachovia-afl-405755. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
5Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Wachovia Class Action Suit

AUTHOR: Jennifer Q - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Monday, January 12, 2009
I have paid thousands to Wachovia in these overdraft charges. They are VERY sneaky with the holding times. I think we should start a class action suit to get all the money we have ever paid in overdraft fees returned.
Jennifer Quitadamo
(((Redacted)))

#4 Consumer Suggestion

POSTED: Tuesday, December 30, 2008
I got charged $140 for a one time overdraft of $4.04. Nothing will be done by anyone about this. I am committed to punishing Wachovia and its stockholders. Please join me, not only the 600+ here but the tens of thousands or millions around the country. Send me an email and I will build a data base of names and emails. To gether we will mass mail to a corners of the globe to boycott Wachovia. United we Stand Devided we Fall. Send me an e-mail Joe@joecooling.com. I will reply to you my list and so on. We can't beat them in court as the corruption runs to deep.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Fort Myers Florida

Consumer experiencing same Wachovia overdraft/insufficent funds fraud

AUTHOR: Gail - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Hi. I just wanted to let you know that you are by no means alone in this. I have been with Wachovia for under 1 yr. I have just finished checking all my bank statements, and since they have crashed I have lost $877 in overdraft fees in the past 4.5 months alone. They do the same thing. They hold my atm withdrawls for sometimes 2 weeks, and just when my direct deposit is to post they flood my account with activity, and then eat up my new work check with fees. I have gotten the same run around with the corp reps, who dont even attempt to explain. I have gone into the branch to only experience more of the same...except beware they have begun to charge me fees for speaking with branch tellers.

PS they have also lost my savings account, and removed my overdraft protection. I have my initial contacts w/ signatures showing the details of my account. However, they just blatantly ignore them stating that "their system shows I never had a saving account or overdraft protection." I know others experiencing the same. I am closing my account this week.

Gail
New York, NY

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair