X  |  CLOSE

• Updated:
  • Reported By: gottcha — Altadena California USA
  • WalMart 1600 Mountain Ave Internet USA

WalMart Free shipping on orders over $50 is COMPLETLY DECEIVING Duarte Internet

When I recently ordered some products on line at Walmart, I consider what they did to be a "bait and switch" type of practice.  I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but this is what they did.

I wanted a few items but they didn't add up to $50.  So their message pops up, saying it is free shipping for $50 or more.  I kept adding to my order until it was FREE shipping.  When I paid for the order, nowhere did they mention that it was NOT FREE SHIPPING for the WHOLE order!!  I didn't see anything about the fact that several items were sent from companies not from Walmart and I would have to pay shipping for those items!!  They broke the order up into several orders when I received the e-mail confirmation.  The first one was from Walmart, and it said FREE SHIPPING at the bottom.  Apparently, it was not the COMPLETE ORDER and I needed to scroll down to see that it was broken up.

I would NEVER have agreed to pay MORE for shipping an item, then it actually costs. One ream of cardstock costs me $7.86 and the shipping was $9.70!  Another item was for 10 pages of cardstock and it costs $5.08 and the shipping was $5.42  AND THEN Walmart sent me two items seperately that were supposed to be free shipping and it costs me $15.12 for shipping;  EVEN THOUGH the paperwork I first received said the items from Walmart were supposed to be FREE SHIPPING.  I haven't seen the other two items, but since they are shipping them separately, I asume they will charge me an outrageious charge for shipping too.

So bottom line, if you spend $50 or more and they say it will be FREE shipping, IT WILL NOT BE!!!  My items from WalMart alone were over $50 and they CHARGED ME SHIPPING!!

Is there anything that can be done about this?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/12/2015 01:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/walmart/internet/walmart-free-shipping-on-orders-over-50-is-completly-deceiving-duarte-internet-1260821. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair