Complaint Review: Washington Mutual - Jacksonville Georgia

• Reported By: jonesboro Georgia
  • Washington Mutual
    P.o. Box 44118
    Jacksonville, Georgia

Washington Mutual pay off loan with a certfied bond assignment which they accepted RIPOFF Jacksonville Florida

Back in May 2003 My ex-wife paid off my present wife mortgage for $110,500 with a certfied assignment bonds which Washington Mutual accepted. On June 12, 2003 Washington Mutual sent our escrow refund check of $760.00 back to us. Washington Mutual also sent us a Paid In Full Letter stating that they would be notified their Release Department to prepare a Deed of Reconveyance/Satisfaction of Lien within thirty days.

In September 2003 my wife applied for a Equity Line of Credit for $60,000 and was approved by Encore Financial.

In October 2003 Washington Mutual informed my wife that their bank did not accept the Certfied Bond and that she was 7 months behind on her mortgage. I ask Washington Mutual where was the orginal bond and paperwork that was with the bond they said they do not know, but will do an investigation to locate it as of today Washington Mutual has not located the bond.

In February 2004 Washington Mutual informed my wife that they will be foreclosing on our house if we do not pay the back installments which by the way is over $10,000 now.

I am looking for someone that can help me in this situation because I know that there is some kind of law that govern the acceptance of payment.

I also know that if they did not accept the bond they would have immediately sent the orginal bond and paperwork attached to it back to me. It has been since May 2003 that all this took place and we also have gotten another mortgage on this property.

Is there anyone out there that can help please!Please contact me.

Timothy
jonesboro, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2004 03:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/washington-mutual/jacksonville-georgia-32231-4418/washington-mutual-pay-off-loan-with-a-certfied-bond-assignment-which-they-accepted-ripoff-84111. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content