X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Weekly Homebuyers List, Inc. - Denver Colorado

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: castle rock Colorado
  • Weekly Homebuyers List, Inc. 2785 N. Speer #140 Denver, Colorado U.S.A.

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
At first the company seemed worth while. They came out to where i was working, sat with me and explained what they do. After a 5 minute contract discussion i felt comfortable with there sales associate. She told me that the cost at that moment to get started was $268.00. I explained that i couldnt possible have that on that day and i wasnt sure that i would by the time they needed it.

She tells me that $1 can get me started today and we would work out the down payment. I told i still needed to think about it. She assured my that if i changed my mind then all i would have to do is call and tell them. This was a lie. I called and told them that my luck in starting a small company was not goign as planned and that i could not undertake such a contract. Of course the answer was "Sorry but you signed the contract and are binded by the contract". Shortly after i start receiving there Mail off stickies. None of which i used and I called back tellign them to stop sending them. 3 or 4 more showed up and Called a final time. I told them my company never did lift off the ground and i dont need these. The mail off's stopped coming and instead were bills. followed by lawyer's threats.

Now tonight i receive a summons. Im currently going back in the Army and i have a new born. We barely make ends meet and now there Suing me for $4500.00 +

Do yourselves a favor. Never sign a contract with these people. They found me off of craigslist.com. I only intended to start a small home repair company. During that time i did 2 smalls jobs totaling less then 3,000.00 and there suing me for $4,500.00.

I guess some things are better learned the hard way. Dont let them take advantage of you to.

And for the eventually response from the owner or paid off ex-employees.. GFL getting a dime from me. Id rather go to jail then let you have a penny from me. That 1$ you got is the most your ever see from me. Backruptcy cost $750 and with my medical bills and you guys its looking very inviting.

Jack0707
castle rock, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2008 08:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/weekly-homebuyers-list-inc/denver-colorado-80104/weekly-homebuyers-list-inc-they-prey-on-small-business-start-for-a-buck-but-eventually-390321. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
5Employee/Owner

#7 REBUTTAL Owner of company

POSTED: Monday, January 12, 2009
We were wondering why we could not find any clients in our database that were leaving complaints here. We have been in business for over 28 years and always stand behind the service we supply. We always work with clients to ensure their happiness. SO we found it very strange that the "person" leaving these complaints would not leave any correct info about themselves. NOW THE MYSTERY IS SOLVED!!!!! IT is an X-Employee leaving these. His name is JIM RUTKOWSKI, this is confirmed by rip off reports user email address. The email address he used when leaving his BOGUS comments is homebuyerslist@gmail.com...This is the same address he uses to scam his clients in his pitiful attempt to copy cat a legitimate company such as mine.
I have reported him to rip off report and the local authorities. This matter will be prosecuted in a court of law. Bad move Jim.

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Similar boat

AUTHOR: Marcus - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, January 08, 2009
I am in a similar boat. The Weekly Homebuyers List is out only for themselves and will lie to you and do anything to ink a contract!!!!

Their sales people told me I will get new business, and all I've got is returned mail and zero response. That's right, zero response.

The only business anyone has gotten out of this worthless list is the Weekly Homebuyers List. They get my check every month.

I hope no one else is stupid enough to flush their money down the toilet every month.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Yet another Hoax

POSTED: Thursday, December 18, 2008
I find it very interesting yet disheartening that a company such as mine has to be tarnished with hoax's!
We have no outstanding lawsuits with any person named Jack, from Castle Rock. I have spoken with no one concerning this matter. If you wish to provide us with your real name and real company information we will be glad to speak with you.
Even if this complaint were valid;
We have provided you with service, of which you have reaped $3,000 in new business from and have paid us nothing. Who is the criminal? That is stealing! You have accepted service and product that has been rendered. You have utilized the service for your gain, and refuse to pay . We have been in business for 28 years, we strive to provide excellent service. Please call us, we will address your concerns then.

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Obligations

AUTHOR: George - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, December 11, 2008
I am a small business owner that runs a marketing firm. I was once employed at The Weekly Homebuyers List. As a small business owner I advise other business owners on how to advertise. Most do well and unfortunitly some do not. The dollar down that this compliantent is talking about allows the client to lock down the price offered at the time by putting down 1 dollar. The contract is signed and the service begins. What I can tell you as a sales rep is that everytime I went on an appointment I was ethical, I reviewed the contract with the client and everything was crystal clear. I learned this by the very sales reps that this compliantant is referring to. Desperation fuels inaccuracy. I have had a few clients that I signed up say that I told them they could cancel even though I didnt. People here what they want to hear sometimes. Every salesman or saleswoman knows this. Thats why the weekly homebuyers list along with my company has a contract in place. Its not like it used to be. People would rather mislead and be untruthful than live up to their contractual obligations. This company is a competitor of mine but they also are a company that has been in business for 28 years and has a solid reputation. These rip off reports scare me as a small business owner because anyone can come in here and tarnish a company's reputation with no facts what so ever. If this person really wanted to challange this company's ingegrity they would state their full name and contact information on these unethical websites.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair