X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Wells Fargo Mortgage Company - Nationwide Nationwide

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Bucyrus Kansas
  • Wells Fargo Mortgage Company Nationwide U.S.A.

There was a story on the Kansas City local news last night about a soldier stationed in Iraq. Their mortgage company is Wells Fargo Mortgage Company. Wells Fargo has filed court documents to sell this soldier's home on the court house steps! He has a wife and three children who will be left homeless if this happens. Although at the end of the news, Wells Fargo had issued a statements indicating that "they had resolved all issues", the soldier's wife is worried that they will do this anyway. The VA has been involved, one Kansas State Senator has been involved and they got the same statement. This man is fighting for to protect this country in an active war zone and mortgage companies are STILL pulling this? I'm thinking that starting a letter writing campaign to find out what the Government is going to DO to these mortgage companies is in order.

In civilian life, this soldier is a firefighter and paid his bills not only on time, Wells Fargo had been paid ahead of time so that the couple could pay their home off early. This home is not a mansion, but it is a home. Our military deserves better than this.

S.n.
Bucyrus, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2005 05:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/wells-fargo-mortgage-company/nationwide/wells-fargo-mortgage-company-american-soldiers-being-ripped-off-nationwide-133255. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Response From Wells Fargo Mortgage Company (WFHM)

AUTHOR: S.n. - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Saturday, March 05, 2005
This is the response I received yesterday from my email to Wells Fargo Mortgage:

Wells Fargo has now completed a thorough review of this customer's situation. We apologized to the customer that the process was too complex and took too long. Each one of these situations allows us to review our procedures to ensure we can avoid a similar situation in the future. This isolated customer issue has become a learning opportunity for us and will help us improve how we do business.

Our commitment to our customers is to meet the filing requirements in support of the Servicemembers' Civil Relief Act. We understand meeting their needs is often at a time of severe personal turmoil. As a lender, we are committed to being a trusted resource for our customers. We want to help our customers understand the options available to them and attempt to work with them to address any issues that may prevent or delay their ability to obtain relief.

It is never in our interest or our customer's interest to foreclose on a loan. Our No. 1 goal is to treat our customers fairly and we best do that by keeping them in their home. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to voice your concern in this situation.>>

Now I am wondering how they knew who I was referring to regarding the foreclosure. I did not provide any names and I did not provide any particular town or state. I did tell them I considered Wells Fargo to be anti American and I had contacted my stock broker to let him know I did not wish to have anything to do with Wells Fargo. I'm still keeping my eye on this one.

NOT ONLY IS IT IMMORAL, BUT ALSO ILLEGAL ..Under the Soldier and Sailors Relief Act, "No sale, foreclosure or seizure of property ...

AUTHOR: Sherri - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, March 01, 2005
Under the Soldier and Sailors Relief Act, "No sale, foreclosure or seizure of property ... shall be valid if made during the period of military service." Uh, Wells...this means YOU as well..you are not exempt from federal law, although you are notorious for trying to dance around them.

The sickening part is that the VA had sent the papers verifying military service, and less than a week after they received them, Wells Fargo Mortgage filed for foreclosure. One good thing may come out of this fiasco...WFM may lose business.