Complaint Review: Wells Fargo - IO Des Moines

• Wells Fargo
    1 Home Campus
    IO, Des Moines
    United States

I just had the worst customer service experience ever. I was forced to file for bankruptcy some years ago. The BK was discharged in 2012. I just recently discovered that Wells Fargo had suppressed submitting my timely payments to all three credit bureaus for 6 years after the discharge. I wondered why my credit score never rose above 680 and why my credit card and car loan interest rates were so high. I called to have this corrected and to explore the potential for restitution because of their negligence.

Not only was my request for restitution denied but they also refused to retroactively report 6 years of timely payments on both mortgages to the credit bureaus. Their reason, "They didn't have to by law". Though they are not legally obligated to fix THEIR MISTAKE, any above-board company would feel morally obligated to do the right thing. I find it amazing that an organization who's had so much bad press and very public legal issues would treat a long-time customer this way. What a disgrace. See their pathetic letter of denial attached.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2018 06:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/wells-fargo/io-des-moines-50328/wells-fargo-servicing-of-mortgage-loans-io-des-moines-1455744. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

2Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Internet troll

AUTHOR: Al - (United States)

I'm new to this online game but apparently, this is all you do. I thought you were a WF representative but now realize it's just someone who needs to get a life! Grow up Robert. It's amazing how brave someone can act with keyboard and mouse muscles.

The truth...and more..comes out

AUTHOR: Robert - (United States)

Your original post left the full impression that WF has done nothing to assist you, and you were still "suffering" from not having your mortgage payments being reported. It was only after the response here that you came clean on that little piece of information. Of course had you put hat originally it is very unlikely I would have even responded to your inital post.  Because as you so accuratly pointed out I said it "probably" was not reportable.

But then you post the "more". Let's talk about reading the entire post, as apparently you didn't read mine either. I made it a point that it is very hard to claim some "moral" oblgiation to report your history, when you were lacking the "moral" obiglation in paying your bills. Oh and if your answer to that is anything about how you used what you are legally allowed to do...well so did they. It is a two way street. The law and moreals aren't just there when they are convienient for you.

Then let's look at how long this went on, according to you 6 years. Yet as a person who didn't just work at, didn't just know someone who did, but actually OWNED a mortgage company, YOU didn't even bother to look at your credit report to make sure it was accurate for 6 entire years?  I'm not talking about just looking for the WF item, but ALL of your lines.  If you say you did then how could you miss what is most people's single biggest expense to make sure it was being reported? Even as standard process you should have been checking to make sure that everything after your BK was getting reported correctly.

Then the real interesting part. By my math 6 years of on-time monthly payments would equal out to about 72 months of positive payment history. Yet you are complaining that they did not enter your 48 timely payments over this 6 year period. By my calculation that leaves about 24 "not" timely payments. So What did you want them to do about those? Or is this somthing else you failed to give details on.

Oh and as for not knowning all the facts. That's right we only know what facts you have posted.

Read before sending

AUTHOR: Al - (United States)

The BK was a 13 and it is NOW reporting because I made noise and stood up for myself. Please do not make innacurate statements by saying "It is very likely no longer reportable".

I guess you didn't bother reading my entire complaint because I acknowledged that it is not law to have to report but it is the right thing to do. And, my attorney agreed. You can call her if you don't believe me.

And for your "final item" regarding  my credit score, I owned a mortgage company for years and know the importance of mortgage(s) reporting and the impact on score. I've done a good jod rebuilding my credit so it should be much higher. In fact after one report of my mortgage I am now over 700 and I know that because WF informed me that my score changed. It would have been much higher if my mortgage was reported with 48 more timely payments over 6 years. And before you refute that statement, I had a 1st and 2nd so that 48 monthly payments over 6 years. If you care to make additional statements, please make sure they're fact based next time.

They are probably right

AUTHOR: Robert - (United States)

You didn't state what type of BK you filed, but if the Mortgage was included in the BK it is very likely no longer reportable. As it was "included" in the Bankruptcy that has since been discharged. So for all practical purposes it no longer exists as an active loan. Yes, you are still paying on the mortgage to keep the house, and if you no longer pay they can still take the house but with no additional credit damage. If you wanted to have it reportable, you would have either had to remove it from the BK with the bank and court's permission or refinance it.

However, even if in your case it was reportable, there is no law or regulation that states a company MUST report to your credit. The only thing the law states is that IF they do report, what they report must be accurate. So by them not reporting they are not breaking any rules or regulations, and as stated they may actually be following the rules. As if they did report it could actually be a violation because of the status of the loan.   This has nothing to do with anyone's or any companies "moral" obligation, of course if it did need you be reminded as to where your "moral" oblgiation was several years ago when you basically told your creditors to take a hike?

One final item, if you have a true FICO of 680, 6 years out of BK you are doing pretty good.  It is not the non-reporting of the payments that is keeping your credit score "capped", it is the BK itself. As that is one of the biggest negative items that can be on a credit report. So even if they did report it, you would still be right around the same score.  The same goes for your Interest rates, once a company sees a BK on your credit(discharged or not) that instantly bumps you into a lower tier(higher risk).

If you don't believe me you need to contact the attorney who did your BK, or if they are not available find another attorney to consult.  Just when you do don't be surprised if they tell you basically the same thing.