Complaint Review: Westgate Park City Resort And Spa

Park City, Utah
  • Phone: 888-671-7490
  • Web:
  • Category: Resorts

On Sunday 2/24/08 my wife and I were in Park City with our kids for a ski vacation. Sunday was windy and snowy so we did not ski. To kill some time and the lure of some "discounted" ski passes led us to Westgate Resorts at the Canyons Ski Area. As soon as we walked in we were led to a large room with about 15 couples and salespeople working them over. I wanted to leave but for some reason we stayed. I thought we would just get a tour and be out of there. Well I was dead wrong.

The 90 minute presentation dragged on for 3 hours with high pressure sales tactics and I left the proud owner of a $42,000 timeshare that I can't use until next year (if you can even book it). In the meantime I have to come up with $17,950.00 in 120 days or be subject to a 12.99% interest rate and payments of $609 a month plus maintenance fees and taxes of about $1,800.00 per year. These guys are slick. They do not take no for an answer.

My advice is to run away when these people approach you. Th upside is that I did some research the next day and found out that the Utah Timeshare Code Section 57-19-12 provides that you can cancel the contract without penalty within 5 calendar days of signing. The signing day and any legal holidays do not count as part of the 5 days. I was fortunate enough to come across this site to see what kind of scumbags this outfit is. I sent my letter to their corporate headquarters in Fla. cancelling the contract. The letter must be sent certified to a particular address (2801 Old Winter Garden Road, Ocoee, Fla 34761).

I also contacted the Utah Real Estate Board and they stated as long as I complied with the statute they must return my money in full with no penalties. We will see what happens.

Beverly, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2008 08:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content