X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Whirlpool - Benton Harbor Michigan

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Troy MI
  • Whirlpool Benton Harbor, Michigan U.S.A.

We purchased a top of the line whirlpool dryer 3 years ago and the timer does not work anymore. When I tried to buy the part, I found out is is $70.00 and on national back order. I called whirlpool and was told there is nothing they can do about it. After speaking with the "supervisor" they still had no answers and would not give me any support, other than to call an authorized service repair company. What a joke, by the time I pay for a service call plus the part, I would spend almost as much as a new one.

I have been waiting over 4 weeks to get the part, and it is still not available. I can just imagine how many of these dryers have been sold with the bad timers and how many frustrated customers are just giving up a buying a new dryer. What a rip off. I will never purchase another Whirlpool product again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/whirlpool/benton-harbor-michigan/whirlpool-dryers-with-faulty-timers-5211. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Have your timer rebuilt.

AUTHOR: rob - ()

POSTED: Saturday, July 06, 2002
Look in your local phone directory for your closest Johnstone Supply or find them on the net at www.johnstonesupply.com. They contract with a reputable dependable company called Midwest Timer Service that will rebuild your timer. Also if you have the part number try calling Marcone Appliance Parts or on the net. They are the nations largest independent appliance parts supplier.

Need new timer.

AUTHOR: Paul - ()

POSTED: Monday, May 13, 2002
I purchased a whirlpool dryer three years ago and I suspect the timer is gone. It gets stuck, the drum gets very hot and will not shut down. It is a fire hazard. I called whirlpool for the cost of a new timer and was quoted 62.50 for a new one. I had a Westinghouse dryer that lasted over ten years without any problems. With the cost of a new timer plus the cost of a service tech., I may as well buy a new dryer. Let me assure you it will not be a whirlpool.