X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Whirlpool - Internet

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Tampa Florida
  • Whirlpool whirlpool.com Internet U.S.A.

Whirlpool Cabrio Washer - can't handle FL heat if placed in a garage. Internet

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
Purchased the Cabrio Washer in Sept. 2006, 18months later I got the F1 error. After getting the service guy ($70 to diagnose) that the control board needed to be replaced $175 plus $55 labor) He mentioned that this happens alot because these "new" electronic appliances can't handle the heat. I have the washer/dryer in my garage. Most of the homes here have their washer/dryers in the garage, I was just replacing my old one so didn't think anything of it. I was told this would happen again unless I installed an air conditioner in the garage because the computer in the washer would fry again!

I called whirlpool and asked them where in the manual it said I cannot keep it in the garage, they said that it doesn't say in the manual, only to not installed where it is exposed to the weather.....inside the garage is not exposed. It does say not to store it where the temperature gets to 32F i but nothing about a max heat. The rep even said that Best Buy should have told me to not put it in the garage? So sadly, 18months after buying a $1000 washer, I'm out $300 to fix it and sadly it will happen again....I'm selling it and getting the old turn-knob washer....obviously not a whilpool though.

Samantha
Tampa, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2008 08:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/whirlpool/internet/whirlpool-cabrio-washer-cant-handle-fl-heat-if-placed-in-a-garage-internet-333946. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair