X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Sam Weggle — San Fran California
  • Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati Select State/Province USA

Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati Larry Sonsini Lied to me to get me to sign a contract - gave me back dated options as compensation for signing San Francisco California

I owned a horse farm that had many expensive thoroughbred horses. We had contracted to have an electical company do some work which proved to be shoddy. Several barns caught on fire and we had to put down over 40 horses. I contacted Larry Sonsini and we met at his office. He told me tht our case was very strong and that he would take it on a contingency fee basis. He said in order to take on the case, we needed to sign a contract with his firm, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, so that they could be confident that we wouldn't dump their firm after they had done alot of work. We told him we were in very poor shape financially due to the fire, and he made arrangements to transfer some Put options to my Charles Schwab account. He had his daughter handle that transaction. She then somehow maniputulated the dates on the options and backdated them. We made a large profit on the transaction and got the approximately 200K to keep the farm operating during re-contruction.

The suit went nowhere and nothing ever happened. We kept calling Larry and he wouldn't return our calls. Another attorney we spoke to said that we couldn't tranfer the case because we signed an agreement with WSG&R. WE sent him a registered letter and his daughter then called us and said to be patient and not to be a burden and that both she and I had comitted security fraud on the options and that we needed to "lay low".

I am not laying low! I need a fair settlement from a jury of my peers to re-build my farm. My history withSchwab shows I never traded any option in my life, much less backdated them.

Larry Sonsini should either file my suit or let me transfer it to another law firm.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2013 07:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/wilson-sonsini-goodrich-rosati/select-stateprovince/wilson-sonsini-goodrich-rosati-larry-sonsini-lied-to-me-to-get-me-to-sign-a-contract-1077356. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content