Complaint Review: WorldProfit - J. Lant - Edmonton Alberta
- WorldProfit - J. Lant email@example.com Edmonton, Alberta Canada
- Category: On-Line Business
WorldProfit - J. Lant Dishonest representation of business Terms and Conditions always changing to suit self Random setting of dates to begin processing (never specified in contract and never asked me when I would like to begin work on contract) Boston, Edmonton, Alberta Massachusetts
*REBUTTAL Owner of company: if this customer had brought his concerns to our attention, we would have addressed them in the usual customer service fashion
DON'T BE FOOLED by SLICK MARKETING.
j-lant is a shark in meek-mild-mannered body appearance.
j-lant is harva'd edycated - and if you like john kerry - you'll love j-lant.
Buyor Beware --- THis is NOT a Great Home Based business --
- keep looking and PAss this one By --- RUN FROM IT.
Don't waste your money and time here.
My situation was slightly different than your's may be --I Signed a paper at a conference, with No Terms or COnditions attached to it (can provide for review)indicating that I wanted to work a business with worldprofit:
-to provide me with a Website of min 5 pages, customized
-to provide access to webpage designer to discuss page content and layout,
- to provide web hosting
- to provide misc advertising of web page after hosted
- to be for period of 12 months
- to be paid monthly
Looked fine up front.
But lookout!!! - Upon discussion attempt with j lant -who has entirely not enough to do - as indicated by his title of ceo - and his "hands-in-the-pot" approach on everything the company does -- especially if it has anything to do with money.....even a paltry $130 mo. [My take is that inspite of the claim to be multiple 10's of millions in revenue each year -- this company can barely afford to continue operating -- More on that below].
- Back to discussion attempt -- to establish a begin date for work on website to begin --- He referenced all kinds of Conditions, especially the condition that "He would file a law suit if I did not comply with His Conditions" --- He (and worldprofit) don't have a leg to stand on--- I was never provided with ANY terms or Conditions -- they only surfaced upon talking with j lant -- AND he informed me that I must start paying monthly - EVEN though I had not even begun talks with a designer on a website -- (I received this email from some LOW pd Canadian web person - which read like a page out of a text on software design 101, WITHOUT the CUSTOMER SERVICE portion -- stating that I was to provide the COntent of the website or accept a pre-canned site. ENd OF DIscussion. No Discussion. Shoot -- I didn't even have a name fixed in mind much less the focus and purpose of the site fixed.....
j lant's comment: We have begun providing you services ( an email and a login to the wp website) -- THEREFORE, BY DEFINITION, YOU OWE US THE MONTHLY FEE NOW!
- Extremely DEFENSIVE. I expressed that I wanted to start work in about 3 to 6 months. j lant said that they (worldprofit) had already begun work - they never did -- On the Web Site -- because I never provided them with written direction as to content or layout. j lant rebuttal ---- we (worldprofit) have begun to provide you with the services YOU signed up for [ access to the worldprofit website to listen and watch the self-appointed potentate of Internet based business promotion -- tell me that I am a lucky person for having "joined" the worldprofit "family" (sic). And to further expound, that worldprofit is the "leader" in Video teleconferencing on the web --(that is a LIE: Just check out Macro-Media (the Flash experts) or any of a dozen other companies that provide LIVE Video on the web - and don't have to rely upon some Network administrator turned software team lead developer (former jet pilot?) - to come up with the supposed end-all to end-all product offering for Video -on-the-web.
worldprofit doesn't provide true value for what they sell -- Would you pay $3000 to $6000 for a "packaged" website which simply included live-video (which, by the way HAS to be Hosted on worldprofit's web servers --- is this backward or what? My guess is that wp is simply using other people's technology and don't want to let that be known).
And isn't interesting - these web - business packages sell - you guessed it - more worldprofit services and more wp business website packages..... and the merry-go-round just keeps going. And you can make a 20% commission on each package you sell -- and each UPGRADE you sell to your "downline"
Here is the wp business plan:
- advertise as Home based Internet business in usual places on web
- sell a $10 Lead-in Dealer signup
- start sending several emails a day to the new sign-up to come to "Free Training" (which is actually marketing to YOU the New Dealer to UPGRADE to one of the business packages -- because Lord knows - you can't really do THIS business unless you can show your PROSPECTS with your OWN website what the prospect can do to) [marketing 101 sell to your customers]
- Get continual pressure to UPGRADE
- When you upgrade -- Now wp Has you.... you are in the system.
- But only for 12 months -- and the $2000 - $6000 that you just spent (my estimate of actual cost to wp to provide you this service is about $100/mo max for most expensive package... SO your Sponsor gets 20%, j lant gets 20% probably -- and the grunts that do the work in Edmonton. Alberta get LOW Canadian wages)
If you are new at websites -- especially bad for you -- since you can go to a local ISP and get a quick website up for a few hundred dollars -- and you actually talk face-to-face with a person who wants your business! And can add Video if you REALLY need it.
Heck - you can go to other places and build a template website for under a hundred -and setup dosting for $8 - 10/mo.
I have much more info on wp - and will share with anyone who likes... But just KNOW -- that you have probably about a 5% chance of making your investment back -- after much headaches. And don't try to talk with these folks -- they have to keep their SPIN going and don't have time to really deal with a real business need. But they will pay for a lawyer to file a suit against you -- a member of their FAMILY -- if you dare ask questions to reach an understanding in a win-win context.
worldprofit is in this for themselves, and don't give a rip about you - as long as they win....
RUN - Don't Walk - AWAY from wp!!
sorry, allowing you to give a competitors name would instigate others to just file against their competition, to only come back later to suggest their company your comments on this policy are welcome! CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2004 02:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/worldprofit-j-lant/edmonton-alberta/worldprofit-j-lant-dishonest-representation-of-business-terms-and-conditions-always-cha-113498. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.