X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Worldwide Van Lines - Lewes Delaware

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: winnetonka Minnesota
  • Worldwide Van Lines Lewes, Delaware U.S.A.

Worldwide Van Lines Terrible communication and deceptive practices Lewes Delaware

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
This is by far the most unorganized company I have ever dealt with in my 38 years on this earth. they were pretty good over the phone and once they got my credit card and took my $600.00 deposit everything changed. First thing they told me is that they were the moving company, LIE second thing they said is they would pick up our belongings in Minnesota on the 5th or 6th, LIE they told me that they OVER estimated our weight, LIE. Pretty much, everything was a lie.

I was supposed to recieve a call 24 hours before the pick up to set everything up, LIE the 5th passed without a call so I called and kept getting a machine and no calls back. The 6th came and same thing happened and I finally got some idiot on the phone who said he was the dispatcher and would find out what time the truck would arrive and call me right back, LIE no call back.

On the 6th in the late afternoon I called again and got the same answer, LIE. No call back finally someone that spoke very broken english called and said the truck would be at my house first thing in the morning and I was upset but at least I believed they would show up, LIE nobody called back and after about 20 calls finally they said, the truck was stuck at another customers house and would be at mine in the late afternoon, LIE does anybody see a trend? Finally the driver called at 7pm and said they would be at my house at 8 the next morning,LIE they called at 10 and said they would be at my house at noon,LIE they showed up at 3pm in a dirty piece of crap truck and were very rude and did not apologize for being late.

After several exchanges finally they started loading our stuff and did a crap job but I had no choice because they told me my deposit was non-refundable. The price they quoted me was $550.00 less than the nearest competitor and they all warned me about this company but did I listen?

After they loaded my stuff they said they were going to weight the truck and would call shortly with the weight,LIE I called the office several times to find out my weight and kept being told that the driver would call me shortly,LIE they finally stopped taking my calls alltogether and I kept calling the driver who by the way was so difficult to understand and rude when he did answer. To my surprise the driver finally told me that my weight was nearly 2,000 lbs more than my estimate and that worldwide van lines was only the broker and had no say in what they charge and I would have to pay an additional $1,171.80 in cash only and they would be delivering my stuff in "about 2 weeks" another lie by worldwide van lines as they said I would expect delivery within a week. This move turned out to be such a nightmare and they would do nothing for me.

In the end 12 days later I got my stuff and had to pay the driver $1,900.00 in cash even though I was told I could pay cash,bank check or money order. my price went from $1,300.00 to $2,471.80. I filed a bbb report and want to tell everybody that reads this to stay away from worldwide van lines and their slick sales people and cheap quotes that lured me in.

Neveragain
winnetonka, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2008 08:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/worldwide-van-lines/lewes-delaware/worldwide-van-lines-terrible-communication-and-deceptive-practices-lewes-delaware-1029515. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair